• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction - +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

DeacsATS

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
Reaction score
Returnees:
Cameron Hildreth - FR
Lucas Taylor - FR
Robert McCray - FR
Matthew Marsh - FR
Damari Monsanto - RS SO
Daivien Williamson - GRAD

Testing the NBA Waters:
Jake LaRavia - JR - 3/29/22

Additions:
Zach Keller - #120; 6'9" PF
Jao Ituka - Marist; 6'1" PG - 4/25/22 - 3 years of eligibility
Andrew Carr - Delaware; 6'10" PF - 5/2/22 - 3 years of eligibility
Tyree Appleby - Florida; 6'1" CG - 5/4/22 - Grad Transfer
Davion Bradford - Kansas State; 7’0” C - 5/11/22 - 3 years of eligibility
Bobi Klintman - #162; 6'9" SF

Moving On:
Alondes Williams - Out of eligibility
Khadim Sy - Out of eligibility
Miles Lester - Out of eligibility
Carter Whitt - Transfer Portal - 3/20/22; Committed to Furman - 4/18/22
Dallas Walton - Foregoing final year - 4/11/22
Isaiah Mucius - Foregoing final year - 4/28/22

??? scholarships available for '22-23 (depends upon LaRavia)

---

Current Roster:
Cameron Hildreth - FR
Lucas Taylor - FR
Robert McCray - FR
Matthew Marsh - FR
Damari Monsanto - RS SO
Daivien Williamson - GRAD
Bobi Klintman - #162; 6'9" SF
Jao Ituka - Marist; 6'1" PG
Andrew Carr - Delaware; 6'10" PF
Tyree Appleby - Florida; 6'1" CG
Davion Bradford - Kansas State; 7’0” C

May 1st Roster:
Cameron Hildreth - FR
Lucas Taylor - FR
Robert McCray - FR
Matthew Marsh - FR
Damari Monsanto - RS SO
Jao Ituka - Marist; 6'1" PG

March 24th Roster (Starting Point):
Zach Keller - HS SR
Cameron Hildreth - FR
Carter Whitt - FR
Lucas Taylor - FR
Robert McCray - FR
Matthew Marsh - FR
Damari Monsanto - RS SO
Jake LaRavia - JR
Isaiah Mucius - SR
Daivien Williamson - SR
Dallas Walton - GRAD

Last edited:
So this is a reminder to buckle up once our NIT run is done.

Yeah, our season ended Tuesday evening, March 9 last year.

I know the season isn't over yet, but I couldn't help myself.

Was looking at when we brought in players last year and Jake LaRavia announced he was transferring to Wake Forest on 3/16/21.

Here is when we found out players were headed elsewhere (dates are announcement of leaving Wake, not when committed elsewhere):
Jahcobi Neath (SO) - 3/11/21 - Transfer to Wisconsin
Emmanuel Okpomo (FR) - 3/13/21 - Transfer to Temple
Jonah Antonio (GRAD) - 3/16/21 - PRO
Isaiah Wilkins (JR) - 3/17/21 - Transfer to Longwood
Quadry Adams (FR) - 3/17/21 - Transfer to St. Bonaventure
Ismael Massoud (SO) - 3/18/21 - Transfer to Kansas State
Jalen Johnson (GRAD) - 3/23/21- Transfer to Mercer
Ian Dubose (GRAD) - 3/23/21 - PRO
Ody Oguama (SO) - 5/4/21 - Transfer to Cincinnati

At the time, I wouldn't have thought Wilkins would be headed to an NCAA tournament. Good for him in having a solid season at Longwood. Neath also in the Dance, but he sure didn't get the PT for which he had hoped. Ody and Ismael had less productive seasons at Cincinnati and Wisconsin. Very impressed with Forbes' ability to identify upgrades in talent.

So this is a reminder to buckle up once our NIT run is done.

Yup.

I don't want us to lose, of course, but there will be a lot going on those first few weeks after the season ends.

No shortage of things to discuss, starting with the intentions of Dallas, Daivien, & Zeke.

WFU Men's Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction Thread - PLACEHOLDER

Sign of the times. March Madness kicks off 15 minutes ago and our top threads are about next year‘s basketball team, next year‘s football team, and the basketball nightmare from 10 years ago.

If this is the offseason thread, cool - since I am already very excited for next year.

My initial thoughts:

1. Hit the weight room hard and focus on "defense wins in the postseason" and general tough-mindedness.

Dave Odom
Earl Grant (that's his reputation - defense)
Mike Woodson (IU was tough the other night)
Maybe not postseason but Rick Barnes and that early Buckner/Wiseman crew - jacked, tough, not backing down from Dean Smith etc.

Jacked, physical, defensive minded, literally pushing you off the block and not giving you your "spots," not allowing you to run your "stuff," ramming cutters in the lane, boxing out or you sit down.

I know Forbes wants that mentality, but Daivien, Mucius, Whitt, in particular look a little skinny to me. The rest of our guys look tough and physical out there (except Walton at times around the rim).

That's my offseason hope...get stronger and get defensive/tough-minded.

Find more dudes like that (Alondes a clear example of what we want).

Agree on getting stronger, but guys like Mucius and Williamson are only going to carry so much weight on their frames. Mucius is skinny and will always be skinny... But I wouldn't call him weak. And Daivien supposedly put on ~15-20lbs of weight last offseason.

I'm sure Starke will have the rising sophomores on the "Get Right" program as soon as possible.

I'm most interested in the roster turnover. Forbes made huge changes last year in order to upgrade the talent. Hopefully he won't have quite as much turnover this year and can use the success of Williams, LaRavia, Walton, Sy, Williamson, & Monsanto to attract talented transfers.

Felt like BC really pushed Mucius around. That's why Forbes essentially didn't play him over the last 10 minutes in the ACCT.

Hmm. I like him. A lot more than the PG listed in the recruiting thread. Good size, very efficient offensive player. Shoots over 80% from the line which indicates someone that can shoot generally. Shot 3s well last year, not so much this year.

I know the season isn't over yet, but I couldn't help myself.

Was looking at when we brought in players last year and Jake LaRavia announced he was transferring to Wake Forest on 3/16/21.

Here is when we found out players were headed elsewhere (dates are announcement of leaving Wake, not when committed elsewhere):
Jahcobi Neath (SO) - 3/11/21 - Transfer to Wisconsin
Emmanuel Okpomo (FR) - 3/13/21 - Transfer to Temple
Jonah Antonio (GRAD) - 3/16/21 - PRO
Isaiah Wilkins (JR) - 3/17/21 - Transfer to Longwood
Quadry Adams (FR) - 3/17/21 - Transfer to St. Bonaventure
Ismael Massoud (SO) - 3/18/21 - Transfer to Kansas State
Jalen Johnson (GRAD) - 3/23/21- Transfer to Mercer
Ian Dubose (GRAD) - 3/23/21 - PRO
Ody Oguama (SO) - 5/4/21 - Transfer to Cincinnati

LINK TO LIST OF TRANSFERS: https://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2022

I have zero recollection of Wilkins, Quadry Adams, and probably only remember Jalen Johnson because he was on Brandon Childress' and Kwe Parker's high school team.

That Bridges kid looks NICE.

Also checked LaRavia's stats and he really had some terrific numbers. Main #s:

MPG - 37
PPG - 15
RPG - 6.6
APG - 3.8
Steals - 1.7
Blocks - 1.0
FG% - 56%
FT% - 77%
3PFG% - 39.7%

So, he is not going to get any more minutes next year since that is essentially not possible.

His FG% could go a little higher I guess, but 56% is very good.

PPG - ok, so maybe he gets to the line 2-3 times per game more (?) as we go to him late as our best player, and shoots a little higher say 79-80% and thus...perhaps...perhaps...his scoring goes up to 17.5.

1 more RPG and this is the bump he could get, imho:

MPG - LESS down to 35.5 per game - that's ideal, better team, get him some rest, more efficient with a few more breaks.
PPG - 17.5
RPG - 7.5
APG - 4.0
Steals - 2.0
Blocks - 1.2
FG% - 57%
FT% - 79%

There's really not a lot of upside to him returning EXCEPT 17.5/7.5/4.0 and FIRST TEAM ALL ACC means he could land in the mid-to-late first round of the draft, not the second round where he would probably go this year.

That could mean a lot more $$$.

I think we all are going to be holding our breath waiting to hear what kind of draft advice LaRavia is going to get.

It should be blatantly obvious the reductions that will happen in our roster as soon as our season is over.

it's been discussed elsewhere, but NBA GMs are baking in an expected improvement into Jake's draft status for 2022. Modest improvement next year will move him down draft lists, not up.

Plenty of recent All-ACC first team players, including the entire 2021 All-ACC first team, have gone undrafted.

The obvious answer is we have to put together enough NIL $ to convince him to give it one more shot. Probably a similar story for the other 3 at lower magnitudes.

it's been discussed elsewhere, but NBA GMs are baking in an expected improvement into Jake's draft status for 2022. Modest improvement next year will move him down draft lists, not up.

Plenty of recent All-ACC first team players, including the entire 2021 All-ACC first team, have gone undrafted.

Well THAT's depressing.

You think he is gone?

Man I was excited when we got laravia that he had 3 years of eligibility…. Oh well, I’ll be happy if we get two years from him

Back