• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 34: NIT Round of 16 -- VCU at LJVM -- 4 pm Saturday - ESPN+

Interesting, maybe only to me, that VCU started its season with a very close home win over Saint Peter’s.

Saint Peter’s had a lead in the final minute.

I didn't wager on yesterday's game, but that would have been a roller coaster of a last few minutes.

Just as we started to pull away from the number, you had a number of odd things happen:
The inexplicable Monsanto 3 attempt (which actually caused me to LOL when it happened because it was one of the worst ideas I've ever seen... loved seeing Forbes just stare at him in the huddle afterwards)
The Alondes reverse dunk (good!)
The Alondes 360 attempt that looked like me out on an 8 foot hoop in the rain (not good!)
The last VCU shot, which looked like it counted

If they had just run the clock down and taken a normal shot, it's an 8-12 point victory... VCU wasn't even fouling down 6.

Gambling is hard and takes years off your life.

Last edited:
I didn't wager on yesterday's game, but that would have been a roller coaster of a last few minutes.

Just as we started to pull away from the number, you had a number of odd things happen:
The inexplicable Monsanto 3 attempt (which actually caused me to LOL when it happened because it was one of the worst ideas I've ever seen... loved seeing Forbes just state at him in the huddle afterwards)
The Alondes reverse dunk (good!)
The Alondes 360 attempt that looked like me out on an 8 foot hoop in the rain (not good!)
The last VCU shot, which looked like it counted

If they had just run the clock down and taken a normal shot, it's an 8-12 point victory... VCU wasn't even fouling down 6.

Gambling is hard and takes years off your life.

Amen. The last VCU shot that was disallowed cost me a nickel. Baad beat.

I like stories about bad beats in gambling much more than actual gambling.

Made it to my first WFU hoops game in several years yesterday and really enjoyed it. I love that my kids have lots of activities and I wouldn't miss them for the world but yesterday was on of the few open saturdays during basketball season in a long time so I'm really glad I made the trip. Lots of fun to see this team in person.

Last edited:
KP said A&M's sos was 310, ours was 358. The committee was stupid, they just should have said it was their SOS, not the 8 game losing streak, which goes against their 'evaluate the whole season' mantra.

Either way, I don't think anything Buzz showed would have helped us much. What he says is probably true, the committee is biased, but that's not going to help you. I think Seth found that out, took him 3 years to get off the bubble.

One thing I noticed at the game Saturday was that immediately after the team ran through the tunnel near start of game, guess who else came out of the tunnel…. Ron Wellman. Why are we letting him within 500 foot radius of our hoops team? He tried to murder our program and now we are letting him hang out in the tunnel before a big game. Fuck that.

One thing I noticed at the game Saturday was that immediately after the team ran through the tunnel near start of game, guess who else came out of the tunnel…. Ron Wellman. Why are we letting him within 500 foot radius of our hoops team? He tried to murder our program and now we are letting him hang out in the tunnel before a big game. Fuck that.

Didn't that fucker come out on the deacon motorcycle for a huge football game recently? I wanna say it was Louisville in 2019. And Shocker, that game was a disaster.

He’s been at a lot of home games. Me and some buddies spotted him coming out at the Miami game. Killed the vibes.

I know he still has season tickets and I guess that is fine (hopefully he pays for them and they are not complimentary) but he has no business hanging out with the team in the tunnel minutes before gametime. Go sit in your seats like everyone else and stop acting like some kind of bigshot when you were the worse thing that after happened to Wake Forest basketball.

Hes been in the same seats in the aisle in section 117 every game Ive looked and walks around freely like he still owns the place

you people are naive as hell if you don't believe that Ron Wellman would still be treated like royalty at Wake.

you people are naive as hell if you don't believe that Ron Wellman would still be treated like royalty at Wake.

Yeah if you're surprised by this I don't know what to tell you.

This was a really good win. Great opportunity Wednesday to make it MSG, we'll obviously need to play well.

https://publish.twitter.com/?query=...iembk/status/1503950408561139717&widget=Tweet

I don’t know if anyone saw Buzz Williams’s criticism of the NCAA selection committee but here it is. Wow!

Sorry, coach...it's not a perfect, transparent system. You might have been snubbed, but you're not the first and won't be the last.

Just a terrible example to set for his players. "Hey, media...we're not going to talk about the Alcorn State game just yet. Sit still for 7+ minutes while I get all this unrelated stuff off my chest. And when I'M done, you do not have the right to discuss it with me anymore. Understand?"

I get it. But who cares about the Alcorn State game? First, from the media perspective, they’re much more likely to want this kind of juicy stuff to write about than just some random NIT game. Also if the committee and the process need critique, I respect those who are willing to risk a little something to critique it.

I’m not sure what this does to his team. Either they will channel his resentment into playing harder, or they’ll feel some measure of pressure to get to New York just to prove him right.

So where does it end? When Buzz gets a seed he's not happy with, does he riff on that for 7 mins before addressing the game that just finished? What about region assignment? Those aren't 'perfectly fair'. Tip-off time? Opponent's travel distance? Where does it end?

Back