• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 34: NIT Round of 16 -- VCU at LJVM -- 4 pm Saturday - ESPN+

Sorry, coach...it's not a perfect, transparent system. You might have been snubbed, but you're not the first and won't be the last.

Just a terrible example to set for his players. "Hey, media...we're not going to talk about the Alcorn State game just yet. Sit still for 7+ minutes while I get all this unrelated stuff off my chest. And when I'M done, you do not have the right to discuss it with me anymore. Understand?"

perhaps there might have been a better platform to air his grievances but then again maybe this is the best way to get the process looked at more closely. It appears he studied how they went about the selections in great detail and found alot of bias and error in decision making. May have been sour grapes on his part but perhaps not. A lot of people feel we got screwed (and I agree) so looking to revamp the entire system may not be a bad idea. Going 13-7 in the ACC needs to be rewarded with a bid, don't care if the conference is down or what. Miami beats Auburn pretty handily and along with UNC, Duke and Notre Dame the ACC is doing pretty damn well I would say. Still wish Duke lost in the first round though.

So where does it end? When Buzz gets a seed he's not happy with, does he riff on that for 7 mins before addressing the game that just finished? What about region assignment? Those aren't 'perfectly fair'. Tip-off time? Opponent's travel distance? Where does it end?

Huh? He’s addressing what he perceives as a fundamental flaw in the whole system regarding who doesn’t and doesn’t get invited. He’s using the best opportunity he has to make that point, which is when all the media are gathered around to listen to what he has to say.

If Buzz were some kind of blowhard coach who’s always whining, then I’d take it with a grain of salt. But I think he’s a good coach and seems like a quality individual, and if he were doing this on behalf of my team, I’d be proud he’s sticking up for us.

Now let’s go beat them.

So where does it end? When Buzz gets a seed he's not happy with, does he riff on that for 7 mins before addressing the game that just finished? What about region assignment? Those aren't 'perfectly fair'. Tip-off time? Opponent's travel distance? Where does it end?

Why are you so upset about a coach thinking and arguing for the fact that his team should have made the tourney?

Back