• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 34: NIT Round of 16 -- VCU at LJVM -- 4 pm Saturday - ESPN+

Did the feed just go to Texas for a game already over?

Recap of A&M. Winner of Wake game plays Wed. in Tx.

The tech was a bench foul and the way Shay was sitting directly after they called it leads me to believe it was on him.

Now we see why no TO vs. BC. We don't really have any end of half plays that work.

I mean I doubt it was drawn up but we got a wide open Jake 3 out of it at the buzzer that just didn’t drop. Little better than a charge with 5 secs.

🙏🏻 Please, please play two halves of basketball, Deacs.🙏🏻

We apparently arent playing D anymore but our offense looks loads better

I mean I doubt it was drawn up but we got a wide open Jake 3 out of it at the buzzer that just didn’t drop. Little better than a charge with 5 secs.

Uh, sure. Looks like we had to scramble to get that shot off.

The VCU offense is another story. It's weak. #218 in offensive efficiency. Ironically, on offense, VCU struggles with... turnovers. Their offense cannot protect the ball (TOs on 22% of VCU's offensive possessions -- #341). When the Rams don't turn the ball over, they take the ball to the rack, as 58% of their offense comes from 2 point shots (#22 in the country).

We might want to protect the hoop.

The VCU offense is another story. It's weak. #218 in offensive efficiency. Ironically, on offense, VCU struggles with... turnovers. Their offense cannot protect the ball (TOs on 22% of VCU's offensive possessions -- #341). When the Rams don't turn the ball over, they take the ball to the rack, as 58% of their offense comes from 2 point shots (#22 in the country).

We might want to protect the hoop.

Which is exactly what we haven’t done all half. They are getting wide open layup after wide open layup

VCU is honestly much better than I expected. This is a fun matchup.

Looks like we decided not to play defense in the second half. How many lay ups are we going to surrender? Keep jacking up 3’s and more 2nd half TOs will end the season. Sounds familiar

It’s also fun to see a bit of Monsanto/Hildreth minutes. The future is bright!

Looks like we decided not to play defense in the second half. How many lay ups are we going to surrender? Keep jacking up 3’s and more 2nd half TOs will end the season. Sounds familiar

We’re attacking the basket on almost every possession, what are you talking about?

Refs have decided to make this a free throw contest for final 12 minutes.

Woof. We are going to find a way to lose this

This VCU team looks like a completely different team in half two

Alondes can’t get his hands up to defend a 3?

I do love Hildreths growth. He is giving us some good minutes tonight

Back