• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 34: NIT Round of 16 -- VCU at LJVM -- 4 pm Saturday - ESPN+

If we win the NIT does that officially kill the curse of the nut punch? I say yes

I thought this was a great win. Both teams playing hard. It was not pretty we had the stretch of what six bad 3s in a row.

But we had a couple of those spells where you go. Damn this team is good.

ACC was horrifically underrated. We could beat anyone in the country.
We got to do better on PR. We allowed the rest of the country to dog the ACC all football season. Went right over to basketball. Personally I believe it's an orchestrated plan.

We got to do better on PR. We allowed the rest of the country to dog the ACC all football season. Went right over to basketball. Personally I believe it's an orchestrated plan.

Stop allowing these Big 10 donks to set the narrative

Anyone want to meet me in college station? :)
Seriously I think I’m going to make the trip. Just checking to see if anyone else is

If we win the NIT does that officially kill the curse of the nut punch? I say yes

When the Red Sox broke their curse they had to come back from 0-3 to do it. I'd say we need to win the ACCT beating UNC and dook in the final two game in OT after being down 20 in the first half.

Will the A&M basketball team be able to field a team?

One app I have says it’s Tuesday but espn has nothing yet. It’s definitely Wednesday?

One app I have says it’s Tuesday but espn has nothing yet. It’s definitely Wednesday?

Coach mentioned in his post game the team would be Texas bound on Tuesday for the Wednesday game.

Anyone want to meet me in college station? :)
Seriously I think I’m going to make the trip. Just checking to see if anyone else is

Wait - I thought you were done with the program following the BC game???

Especially after you purchased court side seats (lol) and rejoined the Deacon Club.

Fun game. That Alondes dunk was something else, and his alley-oop to LaRavia was awesome, too. I thought Williamson's corner three was the shot of the game. The Wake players and coaches waving goodbye to the crowd after the game was a good ending after winning the most home games in Wake history (some might say "home games not in harms way").

From the presser.

Alondes has had turf toe, been playing with it for a few games. Forbes said a lot of players would have not played.

Also said we were taking too many ill advised shots (i.e. when we shot 6 straight 3's) called time out to get us to go to the basket. Jake got it under the basket and then passed it out for a 3 (7th straight missed 3).

Interesting to hear that the board is saying 'why we shooting 3's', Forbes is saying 'why are we shooting 3's' calls a TO and we still shoot 3's. I guess there is only so much you can tell and 18-22 year old to do, they still have to execute.

Too me, it seems like the difference, this year, between being in the NIT and the NCAA is exactly this. Coaches say go inside, we keep shooting 3's. The coaches gave the players and offense and defense that works this year but there is a difference when you don't follow the plans. If I had to put my finger on it, I think it's that the players want to win with flare or showtime and not just win. Hit the big 3 or make the great pass, the only problem with that is we are one of the best 2pt % teams in the country and probably make 1 wth pass for every 2 showtime passes.

It's been a great season, coming back from the abyss, but you don't get extra credit for winning with style, but that's who we are.

ETA: If we win Wednesday that will be as many post season wins as we've had in the last 14 years (ACCT, NCAAT and NIT combined), so there is that.

ETA2: Just dawned on me it's like we are Kevin Costner in Tin Cup. He won't lay up on 18, but not only that he takes a 12. Watching a lot of these low seeds in the NCAAT they live and die by the plan. We as a team are somewhere in between. We have a plan, work through the plan but the players embellish it. Given our insistence on 3's for that stretch and our refusal to run clock at the end, this really should have be around a 15 point win we coasted to. That's fine if it's who are are (which we are), but ultimately that makes the difference between 1-2 more wins and getting into the NCAAT. IMO

Last edited:
Sounded like Jamie Luckie must have had Wake -5.

Last edited:
We need to win this. Pretty sure we would be ranked in the final poll. That is significant going forward.

Back