• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sheep Week 7: Answers due Friday at 12

Seems like you have a strong grasp on how this works. Next time you need to go to a doctor, you should tell him that his bill is way more than the apples you bought yesterday.

Yeah but don't doctors like, you know, provide an actual service that benefits society?

Now facts are defensive. I’m sorry it’s so painful to be confronted with the possibility you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Yeah, I was concerned people were going to go with nurse / EMT / first responder because of the pandemic.

Was just easier to go with teacher

I mean Wakelaw pretty much hit the nail on the head with his post. Nurses are generally too tired from working to complain about how little they're being paid.

That's why the answer is The Ramones.

I don’t consider Green Day or The Clash to be punk. I think the Ramones should have been the sheep answer but the Sex Pistols would have been understandable. Google kept telling me the Clash was a punk band. If so, they were far and away the best of any band mentioned, so I went there. Green Day is a dumb answer. They weren't punk and they weren't that good.

In before wakelaw claims that teachers get paid what they get paid because they only work 9 months a year

Let's get some sheep beef started.

I want to insult whatever the fuck it is that Biff actually does for a living.

Yeah, I was concerned people were going to go with nurse / EMT / first responder because of the pandemic.

Was just easier to go with teacher

LOL. Because teachers didn’t do shit during the pandemic.

wakelaw13, if you’re so defensive about being overpaid and you admit people rarely need your services, you’re definitely overpaid.

Most of us are utilizing the services of teachers right now.

Let's get some sheep beef started.

I want to insult whatever the fuck it is that Biff actually does for a living.

You've already given up on ours after getting smacked up twice in three weeks? Sad.

I mean Wakelaw pretty much hit the nail on the head with his post. Nurses are generally too tired from working to complain about how little they're being paid.

I didn’t say that teachers aren’t underpaid. But there was a statewide protest/rally for teachers in my city and I’ve never seen the nurses do that. In part because many/most of them work in the private sector, so it’s really very different.

I don't want to stop wakelaw from proving my point, but something being necessary or helpful doesn't preclude it from being excessively expensive

charging $10,000/gallon for water wouldn't make me need it any less

giphy.gif

Yep. But apparently Americans don’t know enough about their own continent.

Yep. I didn’t even realize Green Day was a punk band until looking it up.

They aren't. If you make that assertion to anyone that knows anything about music, you'll get laughed at.

LOL. Because teachers didn’t do shit during the pandemic.

wakelaw13, if you’re so defensive about being overpaid and you admit people rarely need your services, you’re definitely overpaid.

Most of us are utilizing the services of teachers right now.

The fact that I specialize in one area of the law means I’m overpaid? Also you have no idea what I make and we’ll keep it that way.

I didn't realize the Green Day answer was going to be so contentious, you olds need to chill out a bit.

Fuck baby shark. I definitely thought about it and determined if that's the right answer, I don't want to win that way.

The fact that I specialize in one area of the law means I’m overpaid? Also you have no idea what I make and we’ll keep it that way.

I can tell from your posts that it's not enough, keep grinding buddy

Back