• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 35: Deacs @ A&M -- Wednesday 7 pm - ESPN 2

Not sure I have ever seen a Wake (or P5 at all?) coach express more appreciation about where he has been, and where he is now. Powerful stuff.

I think you're forgetting about [Redacted].

I played softball against Buzz and his assistants in a Blacksburg league. I'm 5 for 5 against him pitching, I'm convinced that's why he left Tech.

Got to see some of A&M versus Oregon.

They are small, it's all spread the floor, dribble drive; cut off a screen, catch, dribble into paint and go to the rim --- trying to get our bigs in foul trouble. Go bananas when you don't get the call at the rim...you know...that junk and we've seen this before from BC recently with Grant getting that T.

Forbes will need to do his very best job for us to win. If we are very patient, and our bigs are patient, we completely outclass them in the paint. Issue is their style is like Miami, spread us out, dribble drive. We don't do so well against that.

Oh, and they have a nice fast break, with a nice secondary break, if they force a TURNOVER.

Be Very Patient on offense, take care of the ball, try to win 74-72. Walton needs to be large and have cement feet - do not leave the floor for blocks, just play position basketball and not try to win 100-50 and outrun them. He will be matched up with Henry Coleman and should be able to outplay him, in theory.

Mucius needs to play his best game and use his size to grab boards at both ends, as he will have a legit size differential. Boards - extra possessions, patient with those possessions. He will be matched up with a 6'4 FR, Obesaki, again, in theory, we should have an advantage.

Jake - he should be able to get any shot he wants in this game, if patient with the ball and not over-dribbling. Could hit lots of those baby hooks in the lane. On defense, they will spread it out, which could be an issue for him, no question.

We can definitely win. But based on BC and Miami stylistically, and Buzz going nuts every time they drive the paint ad nauseum, and a nice home court crowd and advantage --- it's going to be tough.

Yeah it doesn’t sound like a favorable matchup all things considered. Hope this doesn’t turn into a Wake turnover fest.

We are KenPom's highest ranked team left in the NIT. Don't know whether that's a blessing or a curse. Hope we play up to our ranking and get the win.

I see a lot of chatter about folks taking the over tonight thinking that we'll force the tempo. Have also seen the reasoning that "Wake plays no defense", which is a weird one... Though I think the argument is that we aren't very good at stopping good guards from driving to the basket, which may be a fair criticism (see both games vs. Miami).

I have no idea which way this game will go. Seems like nothing to lose, so I hope we play loose.

Really looking forward to watching this one... Especially since it is on an actual TV station.

No wager from me.

Wonder how our injury situation is. Turf toe not helpful for making end of year runs.

I see a lot of chatter about folks taking the over tonight thinking that we'll force the tempo. Have also seen the reasoning that "Wake plays no defense", which is a weird one... Though I think the argument is that we aren't very good at stopping good guards from driving to the basket, which may be a fair criticism (see both games vs. Miami).

I have no idea which way this game will go. Seems like nothing to lose, so I hope we play loose.

Really looking forward to watching this one... Especially since it is on an actual TV station.

No wager from me.

Interesting take. Not many teams have guards like Miami. They are giving everyone trouble. I guess if we want to say A&M is Miami-lite cause they are a small team that spreads the floor... ok. Their shooting is not nearly what Miami's is.

If this game was at home or neutral I would really like our chances. It would be our best road win since December, especially if A&M crowd shows up.

Texas Roadhouse is a local institution

That's kinda like saying Shoney's is a local institution. National chain restaurant. In my experience too much tenderizer on the meat, peanut shells everywhere, bottom shelf wine not properly poured. There's got to be something better.

Their lack of size isn't going to mean much considering our lack of rebounding inside. I felt like that VCU game didn't really tell us much. VCU had a lot of unforced turnovers-- played very sloppy. That was ultimately the difference. aTm can play zone, can penetrate. I expect Alondes to continue to be affected by the toe. It has made him a bit timid during the tourney. Unless he goes off, we need the other guys to step it up big time, and Dallas to give us about 8 boards or so to exploit the size difference. This is one of those games we can win, obviously, but nothing I've seen from us this year gives me much hope that we will. The underperformance of the SEC in the postseason, maybe, but that's not much to hang one's hat on.

That's kinda like saying Shoney's is a local institution. National chain restaurant. In my experience too much tenderizer on the meat, peanut shells everywhere, bottom shelf wine not properly poured. There's got to be something better.

Wait...are you saying Shoney's isn't a local institution??? Burn this man at the stake! I bet you also thought/think (I think there is still one left in Florence) Quincy's wasn't a top notch recommendation back in the day. Crazy.

Need MTSU to make free throws and UNCW to miss a couple shots. Saying game will start at 7:11

Back