• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantasy Baseball

Brangus

Reaction score
Is there a snake draft style once a week roster set fantasy baseball league with an open spot? Fantasy football leagues are fairly easy to find but fantasy baseball is tougher.

Hey, our longtime ESPN (free) fantasy baseball league recently had an owner bail on us. The draft is tomorrow night @ 8:00 EST. Here is the info and would love to have someone from the boards take the team. Thanks for considering!

https://fantasy.espn.com/baseball/league/settings?leagueId=94223 < League Settings

This is a competitive & fun league

We ONLY need 1 dedicated owner!!!!

We're planning on drafting at 7-8PM EST on April 5th-6th. Waiting on YOU before locking in a date/time.

8 teams make the playoffs

Please note: Scoring Categories are not standard, but carefully considered and discussed as a league. Some of the non-common categories are subject to change, if you can get the majority of the league on your side.

Existing owners could keep up to 2 players; Per ESPN ADP there are 4 top 20 hitters and 5 top 20 pitchers available (not including Tucker, Franco, Nola, & Beiber). So there are 10 open Keeper slots for those 13 players; however, as a team w/o keepers your draft position will be behind teams that kept 2 players. I.e. You can't draft J. Ramierez & Betts and then get the 1st pick of the 3rd (1st) round.

Reply to this thread or email jmmart14@ncsu.edu to claim your spot; or ask Qs.

Seems like those settings just beg teams to punt QS and K's and load up on all relievers/no starters. Puts you at huge advantage in 7/9 pitching categories. Unless you have a game started minimum that I didn't notice

Hmm, these are all new this year, and haven't really thought about it. I will contact Jake and see what he thinks. I appreciate the advice!

He said that it is a 5 or 7 start minimum (he needs to check but is at work) - no max...
What would you suggest or where do you see redundancies, or cats that sway the balance? We were hoping to get more equity w/pitching - not upset the whole apple cart.

Last edited:
Putting in a weekly or season minimum starts for pitchers would certainly mitigate that problem. Something like 5/wk or 100-120/yr

Thanks, we amended a few settings and we found a new owner. But, if you or anyone else is interested in joining later, please let me know!

Back