• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sheep Week 8: Answers due Friday at 12

Hard disagree there. I love Baltimore. It has its issues but at least it's not Dallas. I don't expect a cowboy fan to understand.

Whats wrong with Dallas? I've lived here for a year and very much enjoy it. I can get anywhere in Dallas or Ft Worth in half an hour. I have tons of live sports options. There is enough to do and see on weekends. Weather is pretty nice most of the year. People are friendly. Food options are whatever, but no one says Baltimore is a gastronome capital of America.

I am not unfamiliar with Baltimore, but there are entire tracts of the city that people will avoid at all costs. I know people from Suburban Baltimore that will never venture outside of inner harbor or Camden yards. I would put Dallas in the top half of cities I have lived in.

Whats wrong with Dallas? I've lived here for a year and very much enjoy it. I can get anywhere in Dallas or Ft Worth in half an hour. I have tons of live sports options. There is enough to do and see on weekends. Weather is pretty nice most of the year. People are friendly. Food options are whatever, but no one says Baltimore is a gastronome capital of America.

I am not unfamiliar with Baltimore, but there are entire tracts of the city that people will avoid at all costs. I know people from Suburban Baltimore that will never venture outside of inner harbor or Camden yards. I would put Dallas in the top half of cities I have lived in.

i call bullshit on this unless you're driving at 2am

1. It's in Texas
2. Jerrah Jones is there
3. It a soulless, spread out concrete jungle filled with the worst people on earth besides Fla.

Glad you like it tho.

So I take it no sheep this week?

I have no connections to Texas, aside from I cover the state for my sales job, and I love Dallas. I do not like Houston. I like Austin, but I liked it a lot better 10 years ago. San Antonio is pretty meh.

I have no connections to Texas, aside from I cover the state for my sales job, and I love Dallas. I do not like Houston. I like Austin, but I liked it a lot better 10 years ago. San Antonio is pretty meh.

Weird. Because undoubtedly Austin and San Antonio are best two cities in the state. And Houston beats Dallas. El Paso probably also beats Dallas. In fact unless we are talking Midland or Lubbock, any decent size city in Texas beats Dallas

Weird. Because undoubtedly Austin and San Antonio are best two cities in the state. And Houston beats Dallas. El Paso probably also beats Dallas. In fact unless we are talking Midland or Lubbock, any decent size city in Texas beats Dallas

Well, I'm not stating a fact... Just my opinion as somebody who has visited each city dozens of times, but only for a day or two each trip. Obviously not the perspective of someone who actually lives there.

But I'd take Dallas (especially if you include Ft. Worth) over any other city in the state. Austin is close. San Antonio just feels very touristy with the Alamo and Riverwalk. Houston is a shithole... You can't change my mind on that one.

Well, I'm not stating a fact... Just my opinion as somebody who has visited each city dozens of times, but only for a day or two each trip. Obviously not the perspective of someone who actually lives there.

But I'd take Dallas (especially if you include Ft. Worth) over any other city in the state. Austin is close. San Antonio just feels very touristy with the Alamo and Riverwalk. Houston is a shithole... You can't change my mind on that one.

I like touristy shit, which explains why I like San Antonio so much.

I agree with this, and I am not even that big on Austin. Rainey and 6th street are overcrowded. I agree that Hill Country in general is very nice and better than metro DFW. I can't understand how people can say Houston is nice. If you hate sprawl and lack of a downtown, then Houston is much worse than Dallas.

Houston is indistinguishable from Atlanta except summer lasts a little longer.

Hard disagree there. I love Baltimore. It has its issues but at least it's not Dallas. I don't expect a cowboy fan to understand.

Baltimore is a shithole. This is a weird hill to die on. But I saw this and thought of you

20220402_105640.jpg

IH isn't really safe anymore either. Baltimore is having an "avoid-at-all-costs" moment pretty much everywhere.

IH isn't really safe anymore either. Baltimore is having an "avoid-at-all-costs" moment pretty much everywhere.

So don't take my kids on a weekend trip to the aquarium? I kinda like IH.

So don't take my kids on a weekend trip to the aquarium? I kinda like IH.

Park close and get in and out as fast as you can, and be long gone by an hour before sunset. And go on a weekday.

Back