• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Are you pulling for UNC or Duke in the Final 4?

Are you pulling for UNC or Duke in the Final 4?

• Duke

Votes: 45 42.9%
  • UNC

Votes: 60 57.1%

• Total voters
U*NC gave K both the first and last losses of his Duke career.

The greatest coach of all time and at least four 1st round picks lost in the Final Four to a first-time head coach and a bunch of guys who aren't even likely NBA prospects.

And Kansas-UNC is a much more nauseating matchup than Kansas-Duke. There's way too much history between KU and UNC.

What happened to the real ACC POY according to K, down the stretch?

Now all I need is for Kansas to boatrace the Heels and all will be well.

As usual K showed his true colors by saying how much he cared about his kids and then mentioning or alluding to Williams missed free throws at least three times. He is really pissed at Williams.

Watching despondent K in the loser's interview just now was satisfying schadenfreude fuel. Now I have to scrub away the nastiness of fervently pulling for UNC tonight.

Half the parking lot at our church will have Hole car flags when I pull up tomorrow, only to be followed by tons of Hole neckties and sweaters in the sanctuary. Not a single Duke fan in our congregation that I can think of, but a very solid NCSU and Wake contingent that will be united by our mutual disdain for all things Hole-ish.
I can avoid K changing the channel when he is on t.v., but absent staying in my house there's no escaping the Hole worship here in my hometown. Our local radio station has a beach music show every Saturday afternoon; dip-shit host played the Carolina fight song after every commercial break today (presumably; I changed the channel after the 3rd or 4th one).
I totally get the K hate and will try to glean some enjoyment from his misery over the loss to the Holes (again), but here in eastern NC the disdain for all things UNC is very up-close and personal.

Well said, DownEastDeac.

Half the parking lot at our church will have Hole car flags when I pull up tomorrow, only to be followed by tons of Hole neckties and sweaters in the sanctuary. Not a single Duke fan in our congregation that I can think of, but a very solid NCSU and Wake contingent that will be united by our mutual disdain for all things Hole-ish.
I can avoid K changing the channel when he is on t.v., but absent staying in my house there's no escaping the Hole worship here in my hometown. Our local radio station has a beach music show every Saturday afternoon; dip-shit host played the Carolina fight song after every commercial break today (presumably; I changed the channel after the 3rd or 4th one).
I totally get the K hate and will try to glean some enjoyment from his misery over the loss to the Holes (again), but here in eastern NC the disdain for all things UNC is very up-close and personal.

sounds like a church problem

Well said, DownEastDeac.

eh. was it? I live in Winston. I don't listen to local radio and I don't attend church. I'm not in middle or high school anymore so I'm not stuck in class with UNC fans that just inherited fandom from their parents (and event then, so what?). National media is way worse about duke worship. Maybe I'm out of the loop but I barely hear shit about UNC.

Anyway. Very happy to see k (lower case, please) lose his final game. GLORIOUS.

rock chalk on Monday bb

Back