• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Are you pulling for UNC or Duke in the Final 4?

Are you pulling for UNC or Duke in the Final 4?

• Duke

Votes: 45 42.9%
  • UNC

Votes: 60 57.1%

• Total voters
I believe the correct answer is Carolina, unless you are a terrible person.

My wife is a Duke fan so I don't have much choice. But anyway, as I have said before, UNC has a much larger fanbase in NC, with a much larger percentage of obnoxious bandwagoners who never set foot on campus. It will be insufferable if they win.

My wife is a Duke fan so I don't have much choice. But anyway, as I have said before, UNC has a much larger fanbase in NC, with a much larger percentage of obnoxious bandwagoners who never set foot on campus. It will be insufferable if they win.

I honestly don't think that I could be married to a duke fan. I mean that sincerely.

wouldn't Duke have a much larger percentage of folks who have never stepped foot on campus?

I honestly don't think that I could be married to a duke fan. I mean that sincerely.

it's tough. wife went to Wake and they are far and away her priority but every once in a while her inner Dukie seeps out (like, this tournament) and it's awful. I've long told her this is by far her worst quality. Can't really say what her second worst quality is, but this one is clear.

wouldn't Duke have a much larger percentage of folks who have never stepped foot on campus?

Maybe, but many more live outside of NC. Everybody that lives in NC that doesn't otherwise have allegiance to another school, or that didn't go to college at all, pulls for UNC.

UNC. Nothing could possibly be worse than the media coverage if K wins a title in his last season.

I think the aforementioned reference to the asteroid is the correct choice, but I am astounded as to the amount of people that are pulling for UNC.

I'd be curious to see the generational results of this poll. No one like Dook either, but there was no questions asked from my time on who the most hated rival was. The tarholes and their fans were the absolute dredges of society and the worst of the worst.

Never under any circumstances is it okay to pull for UNC. Never.

Some of you may as well just go to Wal-Mart and buy yourself a baby blue shirt to go with your Yankees ballcap, Cowboys jersey, and Lakers shorts.

Eric Church will be there!

What a dick move. Forget the hundreds if not thousands who make hotel & dinner reservations and other travel plans to attend his concert that night. But there are also at least dozens who no doubt planned to attend his concert as an anniversary/birthday gift, bridesmaids weekend, etc., not to mention people using this evening to celebrate something like beating cancer, or tickets that were part of a charity fundraiser/raffle, etc. Very self-centered and unprofessional (and lets throw in "entitled", which it seems so many UNC fans come across as); hope they lose by 30 and they show his mug on the big screen.

I have a large financial interest in UNC making the finals. I hate UNC but I loathe Duke.

I have a friend who is a Wake grad and would root for Duke over Wake even if they both were in the NCAA finals. This person is a 3rd generation Wake grad, family is a MAJOR donor to the school, and has been on the board of trustees. It sickens me....

Need K out ASAP.
Carolina losing in championship matches is like nectar.
Kansas can handle the holes. Not sure about Dook.

For only 40 minutes, don’t go to hell carolina.

In tossups like this, I usually go with the better school, academically. Dook has that edge.

UNC. Nothing could possibly be worse than the media coverage if K wins a title in his last season.

K's going to be the focus of media attention win or lose; sort of like Lebron and the Lakers this season. But he will be be an afterthought in the NC media a week after the finals. However, the Holes win and it will be a slobberfest in the North Carolina media right up until Mack kicks off their 2022 football season.

Back