• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Are you pulling for UNC or Duke in the Final 4?

Are you pulling for UNC or Duke in the Final 4?

• Duke

Votes: 45 42.9%
  • UNC

Votes: 60 57.1%

• Total voters
This is one of the worst final 4s ever, for my rooting interests. I have varying degrees of hate for all 4. Obviously Duke and NC are on another level of hate from Nova and KU, Duke is on another level from UNC though, so f K always is the rule I follow.

I think the aforementioned reference to the asteroid is the correct choice, but I am astounded as to the amount of people that are pulling for UNC.

I'd be curious to see the generational results of this poll. No one like Dook either, but there was no questions asked from my time on who the most hated rival was. The tarholes and their fans were the absolute dredges of society and the worst of the worst.

Never under any circumstances is it okay to pull for UNC. Never.

Some of you may as well just go to Wal-Mart and buy yourself a baby blue shirt to go with your Yankees ballcap, Cowboys jersey, and Lakers shorts.

I mean, Pete Chilcutt or Christian Laettner?

The fact that some of y'all have met or ever interacted with a uNC fan, yet still want them to have a chance at another tournament championship, absolutely blows my mind. These are some of the most despicable human beings to ever walk this earth.

Duke only sucks during basketball season. The other 8-9 months of the year, you forget they exist. Those other subhuman things run their mouths all year long. The guy that shot Bruce Wayne's parents was a uNC fan. Putin, Mao, Pol Pot and the wall in turn 4 at Daytona that killed Dale Sr. are all Rams Club members.

The fact that some of y'all have met or ever interacted with a uNC fan, yet still want them to have a chance at another tournament championship, absolutely blows my mind. These are some of the most despicable human beings to ever walk this earth.

Duke only sucks during basketball season. The other 8-9 months of the year, you forget they exist. Those other subhuman things run their mouths all year long. The guy that shot Bruce Wayne's parents was a uNC fan. Putin, Mao, Pol Pot and the wall in turn 4 at Daytona that killed Dale Sr. are all Rams Club members.

I grew up in NC and, without fail, most of the shitty humans I knew were Duke grads. Wake fans deserve to be mocked on Eastbound and Down. Duke fans and Carolina fans can fuck all the way off. I honestly doubt I’ll watch.

Pretty easy to tell the people from NC and those who aren't.

With that said, the correct answers so far are Covid delay/cancellation and asteroid. Fuck 'em both...but with more fucks directed towards UNC, IMHO.

I'll be pulling for Duke. Honestly, there are teams in the ACC that I dislike a lot more than I do UNC, Duke, or State.

When I was a kid, during a Wednesday night youth group event, this hole fan tried to tell me that Rasheed Wallace was better than Tim Duncan. The argument escalated and I punched him in the face and broke his glasses. There is no tolerance for turning the church into that kind of marketplace of bad ideas.

When I was a kid, during a Wednesday night youth group event, this hole fan tried to tell me that Rasheed Wallace was better than Tim Duncan. The argument escalated and I punched him in the face and broke his glasses. There is no tolerance for turning the church into that kind of marketplace of bad ideas.

After Reggie Miller, Rasheed Wallace is my favorite non-Wake player. That guy was hilarious.

I just don't get how anyone that grew up during the Laettner era can hate anything as much as they hate duke.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Duke too. My uncle gave me a Duke hoodie as a prank gift. I took it outside and lit it on fire. (Maybe I was a little too intense as a kid)

Pretty easy to tell the people from NC and those who aren't.

With that said, the correct answers so far are Covid delay/cancellation and asteroid. Fuck 'em both...but with more fucks directed towards UNC, IMHO.

UNC fans are obnoxious for sure but I don't get why we have so much one-directional hate these days. UNC fans under the age of 50 don't give a shit about Wake. That's probably because most Wake students and alums from the modern era are not from NC. Granted many of us have stayed around but it's hard to have a one-sided rivalry. This is why I will continue to say that our rival is neither Duke or UNC. It is State. Hell, I know no one that went to Duke other than for grad school. Do I want to beat the hell out of UNC and Duke? Of course. Do I dislike them strongly? Yep. But State is first and foremost for me.

I hate State, too, fwiw. They just suck more often than UNC/Duke and I never have to hear people I know talk about them.

Unrivaled by any, deacdixieboy. It’s not about rivalry. It’s about hate.

Back