• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Are you pulling for UNC or Duke in the Final 4?

Are you pulling for UNC or Duke in the Final 4?

• Duke

Votes: 45 42.9%
  • UNC

Votes: 60 57.1%

• Total voters

Say Hey Deac

Reaction score
Curious how this breaks down among Wake fans. Feel free to show your work.

Neither. Hope for major controversy deciding the semifinal winner, and that Kansas or Nova wins the final.

Feel like a UNC Natty would be worse for WF in the long-run, but most of the damage has already been done with UNC's run to the Final 4. Four weeks ago, there was a solid argument that WF would get a better NCAA seed than UNC (and a reasonable argument that WF basketball was in a better place as a program than UNC). In an eye-blink, WF played itself out of the tournament, and UNC made another Final 4 run. Got to be kidding me.

200w.gif

Last edited:
Duke but the best would be a blowout either way.

Duke. I know a ton of obnoxious UNC fans and only a few Duke fans who actually aren't that terrible. #ABC #GTHC

My hope is that one team loses in soul crushing fashion and the other team gets blown out in the championship game. I do not particularly care which team does which

The small nuclear device option. If forced to choose, UNC. I hate Duke and K much more.

my dad went to Carolina and both parents did grad school at Wake (plus my grandfather and uncle went to Wake) so I'll admit to growing up as a fan of both. but the second I got into Wake any affinity for Carolina went out the door. never would support Duke in anything, ever, so have to prefer the Heels here, not that I'll be cheering for them. FIL went to Duke so wife grew up a Duke fan, which is awful, and I know she'll be cheering for them.

Coach k bites Huebert on the neck and flies away and game is cancelled

To be clear, the assumption is that we will all cheer very heartily against the winner of the Duke/UNC game in the final.

Not sure pulling for is the right way to phrase it. More like pulling less against.

My go to, besides a sink hole opening up under the arena, is whichever result maximizes the total amount of pain felt by the losing fanbase. In this case, UNC beating the absolute shit out of Duke is the winner for me.

Duke fans having to live with the fact that their God emperor got skull fucked by Hubie and holes not only in K's last game in Cameron but in the Final Four is too good to pass up. UNC fans can hang that over Duke's head forever; doesn't affect us.

I'd also throw in that UNC is the more likely team to barf on itself in the championship, imo.

mild but widespread and obvious Covid-19 outbreaks in both locker rooms

My go to, besides a sink hole opening up under the arena, is whichever result maximizes the total amount of pain felt by the losing fanbase. In this case, UNC beating the absolute shit out of Duke is the winner for me.

Duke fans having to live with the fact that their God emperor got skull fucked by Hubie and holes not only in K's last game in Cameron but in the Final Four is too good to pass up. UNC fans can hang that over Duke's head forever; doesn't affect us.

I'd also throw in that UNC is the more likely team to barf on itself in the championship, imo.

All of this. I also have several friends who went to UNC and are cool folks, and living in VA, I don't have to put up with the UNC bandwagon fans that many of y'all do. So I've softened on them some.

I just can't root for ANY team with Brady fucking Manek ... that guy sucks. I mean, he's good at hoops, but he sucks, and he wears baby blue. Go to hell.

I also need to add that getting Duke out of the tournament by any means necessary is absolutely imperative at this point. The risk and consequences of K winning a Natty on his way out the door are far too great. If that happens we will have to hear about it every March from now into eternity. There will be some shitty biopic where Bradley Cooper or some jabroni plays K. I don't chose that future.

Last edited:
Back