• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Cricket Thread !!

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score

There's crickets in every thread where you attempt a joke

office-900x600.jpg

I started watching the sport during the pandemic, mainly the T20 format (not the days long test matches). Jomboy got hooked around the same time period and created this quick tutorial video, explained mostly in baseball terms.

Jokes aside, does anyone else watch? The US mens T20 team, while historically not good, recently won the Americas Qualifier and have a long shot of qualifying for the 2022 World Cup through the Global Qualifier.

I have seen my Baggy Greens win a Boxing Day Test at the G but never really got in to it. Way preferred AFL.

Do they have to run like that on every "pitch" they throw? My gosh, baseball pitchers would have the stamina.

I’ll watch it occasionally and usually look at The Guardian coverage of The Ashes or some other major cricket event going on. I spent a month in London after Wake and went to Lords a couple of times and tried to learn the mechanics of the sport. Then I spent six months in New Zealand and went to a couple of cricket venues there. I really enjoyed the look on some people’s faces when an American could say something to them about cricket. They do not expect that.

Do they have to run like that on every "pitch" they throw? My gosh, baseball pitchers would have the stamina.

Pretty discouraging when you do all that to have your pitch/bowl whacked outta the park.

I prefer cricket to baseball, I think it has the offense/defense split right, outs are rarer and the "pitcher" doesn't have as big of an advantage over the "batters." Also like the you bat until you're out angle.

Of course results in much longer matches, but a T20 match isn't really any longer than most MLB games these days

Also, the 2019 World Cup final was one of the best sporting events I've ever taken in

I love Europe, footy (soccer), and rugby. I love baseball.

Cricket is fucking awful. Just an excuse for people to day drink because the sport is abysmal.

Mumbai is the winningest side in IPL history: 5 titles in the league's 14 seasons of existence.

But this season, they've started 0-4 and aren't looking great today against Punjab. Mayank Agarwal, Punjab's captain, has hit the half-century mark & the Kings have a 10+ run rate (and 0 wickets) through 9 overs.

Punjab did well - 198 is the number to chase.

This season, Mumbai has posted 151, 161, 170, and 177.

Edit: Mumbai made it interesting, but in the end, their 186 wasn't enough.

Last edited:

Back