• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Cricket Thread !!

Your 2022 American College National champs for Cricket are the University of West Virginia. This is WVU's 3rd straight title, which has some people calling them the team of the decade. I know when I think of West Virginia, my mind immediately goes to the sport of Cricket.

JC might not even be in the Dejounte Murray Trade

Your 2022 American College National champs for Cricket are the University of West Virginia. This is WVU's 3rd straight title, which has some people calling them the team of the decade. I know when I think of West Virginia, my mind immediately goes to the sport of Cricket.

WVU Cricket Club's quiet dominance: Team grabs third straight national title

624374b5a3720.image.jpg

Don't know a lot about cricket but went down the rabbit hole for a few days earlier this year after Shane Warne passed away. If you don't know who he was, look him up - a man's man, dated Liz Hurley for a while, would drink 30 beers on the flight from Australia to the UK and then go "bowl" the next day with some pretty wicked spin on the ball. For better or worse, this is now my vision of the world of cricket.

The US mens T20 team, while historically not good, recently won the Americas Qualifier and have a long shot of qualifying for the 2022 World Cup through the Global Qualifier.

Update: we (currently ranked 26th) beat Jersey (ranked 21st) in the group-play opener of the Global Qualifier Tournament. We need to place top-2 in our group, which also includes hosts Zimbabwe (ranked 12th) and Singapore (ranked 20th)...and then win our semi-final match to qualify for the 2022 T20 World Cup.

Good news, we've already qualified for the 2024 World Cup because we're hosting with the Windies!

Update: we (currently ranked 26th) beat Jersey (ranked 21st) in the group-play opener of the Global Qualifier Tournament. We need to place top-2 in our group, which also includes hosts Zimbabwe (ranked 12th) and Singapore (ranked 20th)...and then win our semi-final match to qualify for the 2022 T20 World Cup.

Good news, we've already qualified for the 2024 World Cup because we're hosting with the Windies!

Seems like the national team would be better if they just combined with Jersey instead of them having a separate team.

USA crushed Singapore 201-69 (their highest T20 score, ever) this morning to clinch a spot in the semifinals. They play Zimbabwe Thursday to determine playoff seeding, and then the semis are Friday.

One win away from the World Cup :eek:

Let's goooooooooooo

Sucks the tourney isn't this summer tho, real miss from the ICC

Tough L, PNG would have been a lot easier opponent

USA needs to swing for the fences these last three overs. Be aggressive even if it means being bowled out.

The T20 World Cup returns next Sunday (the 16th). Since it's in Australia, the starts times of most matches are midnight and 4am ET:coffee:☕⏰

Anybody keep up with the IPL?

I've found it's a great thing to have on from 10-2 every day in March-May. Matches every day, good background noise, can easily tune in and out.

Back