• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Wine and beer

Status
Not open for further replies.
besides these here deaconblue message boards, which websites are part of your regular time-wasting rotation?

ChatThreadMania XCVIII

has anyone here listened to the album that won AOTY last night?

never even heard of dude

So you didn’t watch the Final Four pregame, don’t watch Colbert, or haven’t watched anything related to New Orleans in the last several years. He basically replaced Branford Marsalis as the default New Orleans musician in all media. His song has been in a commercial for the last few weeks.

Ok, so next year the wife and I can go to one of these places for 12 days for free. Where should we go?

1.) Ecuador and the Galapagos
2.) Egypt and the Nile
3.) Brazil and Argentina
4.) Croatia and Slovenia
5.) Australia
6.) Kenya

Wait wut? Thats sick dude.

Ecuador/Galapagos no question.

DFL in my office bracket pool, behind a guy who picked Seton Hall to win it all

It reminds me of the Atlanta freeway revolts which prevented this exact thing from occurring in some Atlanta neighborhoods. It’s also one reason why traffic is an absolute nightmare because these additional highways don’t exist and why we have the John Lewis Freedom Parkway they goes absolutely fucking nowhere.

Constructing to cut through and pollute economically prosperous and self-sufficient Black neighborhoods is a pretty common feature of US cities.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2021-urban-highways-infrastructure-racism/

——-
This map shows the Rondo neighborhood in St. Paul, Minnesota. In the first half of the 20th century it was home to most of St. Paul’s African American residents. Bounded by University Avenue in the north and Selby Avenue in the south, the neighborhood’s center was Rondo Avenue, a thriving corridor for Black-owned business and wealth.

Grocery stores, barber shops, drug stores, tailors, carpenters and car shops lined Rondo Avenue, providing spaces to do business, meet, shop and socialize during segregation and the Jim Crow era.

By the 1960s, the neighborhood’s business core was gone, replaced by newly constructed Interstate 94. Homes that had been a short walk to the shops now overlooked a six-lane highway shuttling commuters between the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. Homes and businesses were seized and destroyed under eminent domain. The neighborhood was split in two.
———

Feature not a bug.

It reminds me of the Atlanta freeway revolts which prevented this exact thing from occurring in some Atlanta neighborhoods. It’s also one reason why traffic is an absolute nightmare because these additional highways don’t exist and why we have the John Lewis Freedom Parkway they goes absolutely fucking nowhere.

And that’s all why Atlanta is one of the few cities that has maintained a Black business core.

And that is why New York City has no traffic problems. Especially on the CBE.

what would this board be like if everyone used their first names as user names

Au Pair wants to take a couple classes while she's here in the states. I'm sitting in UNC-G's admissions office. This experience is traumatic. No wonder our schools cost an arm and a leg. The administrative bloat is off the charts. This is Big Gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back