• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Wine and beer

Status
Not open for further replies.
It almost seems like you’re as happy Carolina won as you are that Duke lost.

Almost.

It’s not like Duke hasn’t lost in the tournament before.

and each time brings lots of joy

but this is special since it's K finally fucking being gone (with his whole farewell tour spoiled, should have just stepped out quietly after the season like roy did)

PH and DonaldRoss forever bound in duke matrimony tale as old as time

It almost seems like you’re as happy Carolina won as you are that Duke lost.

Almost.

It’s not like Duke hasn’t lost in the tournament before.
Lol, I didn't watch the game. Could have been anybody

It almost seems like you're a dukie!

YO PH

Netflix Pumps Brakes on Will Smith Action Film ‘Fast and Loose’

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/netflix-pumps-brakes-smith-action-194458637.html

“In the week before the Oscars ceremony, director David Leitch reportedly also pulled away from the project, electing to move to the Ryan Gosling vehicle “Fall Guy” for Universal. After beginning to search for a new director, Netflix has now halted “Fast and Loose” in the days following the Oscars.”

So the film was in peril anyway. It hadn’t even started filming. Seems like they’re trying to seem responsible by announcing a film in limbo was put on hold.

Guys, I feel like this is one of the great days of my life.

Coach k is gone. Forever.

And he lost his last ever game. And his last ever game at Cameron.

Both to the HEELS.

I'm so happy and relieved. Go deacs. fuck duke

My dad and I were on the phone, almost in tears of joy. Neither of us could bear to watch

Sports matter. There is a god.

A great friend whom I've not spoken to in a year or two just called to congratulate me on duke's loss.

Just curious, were you this excited when Roy or Dean retired?

so what are we discovering here, that betterphan is really a closet UNC fan?

What are y'all talking about? This is all about the joy of watching duke suffer. Could have been Carolina or could have been anyone else. Carolina hurts them more.

I don't care who UNC's coach is. I don't really care about them at all.

fuck duke

Also, if it clarifies things, I still remember where I was the days that duke lost to Lehigh and Mercer in the tournament.

When Dean Smith retired, I was eleven years old and probably worshipping Duncan and Childress and Rusty and watching Rodney Rogers get his jersey retired at the Joel. I can't remember when exactly Roy retired because he didn't make a big deal out of it.

Weird dukie sympathy on these boards. Disgusting

Wasn't being sympathetic to Duke.

Just wondering if you're just a Duke hater or if you hate both of the pukey blue schools.

Wasn't being sympathetic to Duke.

Just wondering if you're just a Duke hater or if you hate both of the pukey blue schools.

I think one can retain their humanity if they have a healthy dislike of Duke and remain ambivalent toward UNC. The acceptable minimal level of aggression is not the same for those two schools.

I think one can retain their humanity if they have a healthy dislike of Duke and remain ambivalent toward UNC. The acceptable minimal level of aggression is not the same for those two schools.

wrong-drumpf.gif

ETA: goddamn multi-quote quoting everything I've ever quoted! :mad:

I fell asleep before the game even started.

Just curious, were you this excited when Roy or Dean retired?

Neither Roy nor Dean did the whole “announce retirement a year in advance so everyone can kiss my ass for a whole season” that K did.

The closet Duke lovers on this board are making themselves clear today. UNC winning was the best outcome of that game because 1) fuck Coach K and 2) UNC is much more likely to lose to Kansas than Duke would be.

Also Roy’s last two years he went 14-19 and 18-11. His retirement could’ve been bad for Wake if they had gone out and hired a top tier coach.

So it’s not really comparable to Coach K’s retirement at all.

Plus, fuck Duke.

Also Roy’s last two years he went 14-19 and 18-11. His retirement could’ve been bad for Wake if they had gone out and hired a top tier coach.

So it’s not really comparable to Coach K’s retirement at all.

Plus, fuck Duke.

I mean, Hubert is playing in the championship in year one. I’m not entirely convinced he’s an empty suit right now.

I mean, Hubert is playing in the championship in year one. I’m not entirely convinced he’s an empty suit right now.

I’m still less worried about him than I’d be about Brad Stevens.

I agree with this, but for me it's not ambivalence at all. I simply do not care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back