• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Wine and beer

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you don't know what an Onslow county hog farm smells like then i just feel sorry for you

i grew up in winston pulling for duke when they would play carolina because i knew way too many obnoxious carolina fans and wanted to see them miserable. however, last night i pulled for carolina bc i could not stand to see k go out on top

There’s class politics at play. Those of us who grew up lower class and middle class in NC grew up hating UNC. We knew a few Morehead scholars. Our Facebook feeds are sky blue when the Holes win. And a lot of us went to Wake when it was affordable.

But out of state rich kids hate Duke more. Probably had their heart set on Duke and didn’t get in which embarrassed their parents at the country club. They don’t know UNC grads and rarely interact with bandwagon fans so they consider UNC fans to be harmless poors. They probably got beat out by a Duke grad for promotion to one of the 50 VP positions at their firm.

This is as bad as my pizza take fwiw.

I’ve never hated anything like I hate Duke basketball.

It almost seems like you’re as happy Carolina won as you are that Duke lost.

Almost.

It’s not like Duke hasn’t lost in the tournament before.

Sorry for your loss

Some awful takes here.

also, you didn't grow up with Facebook so I'm not sure what that has to do with anything LOL

I knew a ton of UNC grads growing up because my family didn't belong to country clubs, and whatever else y'all wealthy folks do socially in NC, where all the Duke grads hang out.

We have Facebook now which is where all the people we grew up with post now.

how does one grow up lower class and middle class at the same time

Because I’m talking about multiple people.

All of us (except some of you UNC sympathizers) hate both UNC and Duke basketball. It’s just a matter of who we hate more. I explained why many of us hate UNC more.

I hate UNC more than Duke but was happy about yesterday’s result. Fuck k

I grew up with tons of Duke fans. Most of them also were Cowboys fans. And Yankees fans.

ChatThreadMania XCVIII

I think you hate UNC more (or whatever this dumb argument is) because you graduated from Duke, my dude.

Having not attended either I find it very easy to dislike them both at a high level!

They both suck. Real ones know!

Ah like a Manchester United and Dallas Cowboys fan, I know one of those

There’s class politics at play. Those of us who grew up lower class and middle class in NC grew up hating UNC. We knew a few Morehead scholars. Our Facebook feeds are sky blue when the Holes win. And a lot of us went to Wake when it was affordable.

But out of state rich kids hate Duke more. Probably had their heart set on Duke and didn’t get in which embarrassed their parents at the country club. They don’t know UNC grads and rarely interact with bandwagon fans so they consider UNC fans to be harmless poors. They probably got beat out by a Duke grad for promotion to one of the 50 VP positions at their firm.

This is exactly some shit a Duke guy would say.

like if you wanna be sad about Coach K losing and retiring or whatever, then go post about it somewhere else lol

also, you didn't grow up with Facebook so I'm not sure what that has to do with anything LOL

I knew a ton of UNC grads growing up because my family didn't belong to country clubs, and whatever else y'all wealthy folks do socially in NC, where all the Duke grads hang out.

????

All Duke alums are in New York or Chicago

I applied to Wake because I already hated all their rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back