• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anyone ever tried chemo on their dog?

wfunme

Reaction score
I am considering but have not yet gone for the consultation. My rescue has squamous cell carcinoma in an internal cavity which is really rare.

We put our boxer on chemo for lymphoma years ago. Unfortunately, it wasn't successful and he died a few months after we started treatment. Of course, n=1, so don't let my experience discourage you from seeking treatment. I would put either of our current dogs on chemo if they had cancer. Good luck.

Sorry to hear this. No experience with chemo, but we did have a 6 yr old dog with melanoma and a poor outlook based on the biopsy. We had a vet oncologist and treated with surgery and immunotherapy and it was successful and he lived a full life.

THANKS FOR THE INPUT. I will go for the consult at either VATECH or NC STATE and decide how to proceed.

Back