• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top Hat Collective

Our new grad transfer from Florida has several sponsored posts for Krystal up on his Instagram. Wonder if those will continue

I'll say it again and for the last time because discussing wealth or morso pretended wealth is boring and in the latter case boorish. In my 55 years on this earth I have never known anyone that actually had real money to tell a soul they have it. Not once. This is the number one rule of having money. Guys, if you learn nothing else today then learn that. It is immutable fact that nobody with money wants anyone else to know. Efforts are typically made to "poormouth" and shake others off the trail and even if one is aware others know you have wealth you still do it, as ingenuine as it is. If it were ever to happen and a man that actually has money brags that he does, I couldn't be more certain that he feels as though he has other important areas of his life where he doesn't measure up. Thus the need to pretend and brag so he feels as though he's "winning". An example of this type of shortcoming might be - and almost certainly is - "difficulties" with the ladies.

Guys, have it all stitched on a pillow at home or print it and frame it and put it on a shelf because today for the first time, I come to you with valuable information.

While I agree with the sentiment both broadly and in this board-specific application, it sounds a little strange coming from the one person for whom it has been consistently necessary to share with us all the famous people he knows.

Last edited:
While I agree with the sentiment both broadly and in this board-specific application, it sounds a little strange coming from the one person for whom has been consistently necessary to share with us all the famous people he knows.

Different currency

While I agree with the sentiment both broadly and in this board-specific application, it sounds a little strange coming from the one person for whom it has been consistently necessary to share with us all the famous people he knows.

??

I've made fun of myself on here many times because that got mentioned a couple of times, and it seems like maybe it was you. Nobody over the age of 14 is impressed with something like that. Silly

Last edited:
??

I've made fun of myself on here many times because that got mentioned a couple of times, and it seems like maybe it was you. Nobody over the age of 14 is impressed with something like that. Silly

Correct, no one’s impressed, yet the mentions keep coming. Glass houses, etc.

Anyways I wonder what it’s like to be a university development officer right now. Seems like a massive new barrier to hitting your goals just emerged from NIL.

Can’t let this one go. I grew up in Poplar Bluff, Missouri a town in the middle of nowhere. My Dad made 80k a year—enough for a good life in podunk Missouri so I don’t ask you to cry me a river.

My parents did however teach me to make it on my own. I did that, paying my own way through Wake and Duke Law School—unlike you. I went to work for the man for awhile as all kids with no money must do. But then I started my own businesses and have accumulated my own millions not inheriting Daddy’s business like you.

So basically shove it there 22 with the personal attacks. Bring your own tax return up here and let’s see who is winning big guy.

Go Deacs!
I grew up in a town smaller than Poplar Bluff. My father grew up on a tobacco farm during the Depression. He attended WFU law school on the old campus (‘56) through the GI bill (he fought in Korea) and became a pretty good country lawyer. He saved a few dollars along the way and put my sister and I through both WF undergrad and law at a time when the tuition was much more affordable. But he was like the people guitar deac describes. He wasn’t ostentatious. He was frugal, like many people from that generation who grew up with nothing. And the only people who knew about his finances were his banker and stock broker. Food for thought.

I grew up in a town smaller than Poplar Bluff. My father grew up on a tobacco farm during the Depression. He attended WFU law school on the old campus (‘56) through the GI bill (he fought in Korea) and became a pretty good country lawyer. He saved a few dollars along the way and put my sister and I through both WF undergrad and law at a time when the tuition was much more affordable. But he was like the people guitar deac describes. He wasn’t ostentatious. He was frugal, like many people from that generation who grew up with nothing. And the only people who knew about his finances were his banker and stock broker. Food for thought.

CPA buddy of mine told me once that he has a lot of older clients who you'd never know have amassed estates well into 7 figures. And when they pass way, often the next thing you know their kids are upgrading their housing, buying new vehicles, vacation homes, etc. , which is the only visible indicator that the parents must have done very well financially.

Talking about wins and losses for money is critical. It allows you to get feedback and improve. I made a lot of double bogeys early for sure. Talking through them was critical.

The last generation of Dads didn’t do that all too often. As a result, their kids are now make doubles and triple bogeys that should have been avoided.

Failing to discuss these things isn’t a character trait. It means your kids and friends will ultimately lose. And we see that regularly.

In that case, how many NIL wins? Losses? What have you learned to share with other alumni who want to help Wake attract and retain talent?

In that case, how many NIL wins? Losses? What have you learned to share with other alumni who want to help Wake attract and retain talent?

None for me yet. Waiting on Mit to put this thing together to have a true coordinated approach. Maybe that’s a mistake to wait. Glad we are talking through it. Lol

Read today that only 3 ACC schools (Clemson, UNC and Miami) are paying all their athletes the approx. $6,000 allowed in Alston $$. So right off the bat Wake and the rest of the ACC start in a $6K hole when recruiting against those 3.

no excuse for any school in a major conference to not be paying that money. I don't know what to say about that other than let's start today.

Read today that only 3 ACC schools (Clemson, UNC and Miami) are paying all their athletes the approx. $6,000 allowed in Alston $$. So right off the bat Wake and the rest of the ACC start in a $6K hole when recruiting against those 3.

Source? :cliffs: link?

ETA:

Some schools may be doing those Alston payments in ways that more literally follow the "education related" wording.

Last edited:
Andrea Adelson with a preview of her discussions at the ACC spring meeting

shit Clawson could pay each player that out of pocket and still almost clear $3,000,000 a year

Back