• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top Hat Collective

Another reason agents love NIL is they don't have to pay the college players for a year or two anymore.

LOL. Seems like words that will steal rich people’s money.

Can’t Donald Ross get some wake athlete to endorse some flea bag motel or put a neck brace on and say “in a wreck? Get a check!”

The fact that he hasn’t done shit confirms what we knew all along

Can’t Donald Ross get some wake athlete to endorse some flea bag motel or put a neck brace on and say “in a wreck? Get a check!”

The fact that he hasn’t done shit confirms what we knew all along

Better Dial Don !

Oh there is definitely a plan in the works for a basketball only fund. I’m in for that but am not the face since most of you haters wouldn’t support it if so. There is only one guy who should be the face of it and he will be.

Stay tuned. You will be seeing the info when it all gets set up.

One guy? Gotta be CP3.

I’m sure that’s the guy but if there is one guy to be THE guy, it’s CP3.

So is Top Hat’s first event going to get NIL for a former walk-on who is graduating? Or just help raise money for the general pool?

Last edited:
Oh there is definitely a plan in the works for a basketball only fund. I’m in for that but am not the face since most of you haters wouldn’t support it if so. There is only one guy who should be the face of it and he will be.

Stay tuned. You will be seeing the info when it all gets set up.

You and your friends are late to the game so stroke the check, big shot, and bring our best player back so we don’t lose what little momentum we still have. Yes, you might have to dip in your flight/hotel/ticket for one fund. Any of your dozens of thriving businesses will do.

I’m sure that’s the guy but if there is one guy to be THE guy, it’s CP3.

So is Top Hat’s first event going to get NIL for a former walk-on who is graduating? Or just help raise money for the general pool?

Can’t be MIT due to his BOT role.

Would a former BOT member be prevented from running a NIL? I'm guessing a running a NIL is more attractive to a bag man than sitting on the BOT.

The way our fans have treated the Millers and Shahs after all their amazing contributions to our basketball program doesn’t exactly encourage others to hop on board.

For wake hoops to have any chance everyone needs to be working together not taking pot shots at our only real hoops donors.

True, but that rule can be circumnavigated. Just set up a separate corporate entity that is funded, but not controlled on a day to day basis by Mit, or anyone else on the BOT, and the direct payment issue is resolved. Guarantee that there are huge donors on BOTs at schools that are steps ahead of that rule. For those in that world, getting around direct payment rules are easy peasy.

here comes the persecution complex. Making excuses already.

Back