• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top Hat Collective

IIRC, Skip had a heart-to-heart discussion with Wes and his dad. Offered to put him on scholly but said he would probably not play. Wes took the UNC offer because he felt he would have a chance to play. Don't think he was mistreated at all.

Thanks for the added info - you seem to know the facts. I'll accept that. Of course, didn't CP3 then go pro and we were short. Didn't Skip think CP just might go after the next year? Was UNC a better judge of Wes's potential abilities than Skip? A serviceable backup on the team would have been nice. Maybe there was more to it than a quick judgment of abilities.

Last edited:
Wes Miller definitely would have helped us. No question there. If those are the facts, it’s more evidence that Skip didn’t know CP was leaving early and was fine with Gray at PG.

Are you referring to when Karl Hess made a racist comment toward Mit, Wake defended Mit, and you posted this:

"Wait, someone said Karl made a tweet. What was it? Sorry, was too busy working and missed it. I didn't inherit anything so, unlike Mit, I can't just sit around and send out tweets and then not answer questions about it.

Sorry Mit. But come on, when you throw a guy's career in peril, at least be man enough to answer questions about it. #BushLeague"

DR’s dad was a dentist. DR attended WF undergrad and Duke law. Cry him a river for growing up so hard. Had to be tough.

Thanks for the added info - you seem to know the facts. I'll accept that. Of course, didn't CP3 then go pro and we were short. Didn't Skip think CP just might go after the next year? Was UNC a better judge of Wes's potential abilities than Skip? A serviceable backup on the team would have been nice. Maybe there was more to it than a quick judgment of abilities.

Skip honestly thought up until the last moment that CP3 was staying.

Are you referring to when Karl Hess made a racist comment toward Mit, Wake defended Mit, and you posted this:

"Wait, someone said Karl made a tweet. What was it? Sorry, was too busy working and missed it. I didn't inherit anything so, unlike Mit, I can't just sit around and send out tweets and then not answer questions about it.

Sorry Mit. But come on, when you throw a guy's career in peril, at least be man enough to answer questions about it. #BushLeague"

From the top rope

Wes Miller definitely would have helped us. No question there. If those are the facts, it’s more evidence that Skip didn’t know CP was leaving early and was fine with Gray at PG.

Wes graduated in 2007. He was a recruit in the same year as CP. Are we saying Skip should have known that CP was going to leave before he even came to Wake?

A year behind Ray Felton, too but Roy figured Wes would be a capable backup PG. He figured right.

Ah. I was thinking it was when he transferred.

It would have been nice if Skip would have landed P. J. Tucker back then too.

Wong says never mind, he loves his NIL money from Ruiz and he is super happy at Miami, sorry for the misunderstanding

Wong says never mind, he loves his NIL money from Ruiz and he is super happy at Miami, sorry for the misunderstanding

That means the lawyers looked at the NIL deal he already signed and told him he was screwed. Man up. And be a teammate

Wake Forest has always had legacy admits. IMO Wes Miller should have been granted a scholarship if he indeed wanted one. And the fact his Dad is a great guy and extreme donor is even more reason. IMO we blew that one.

Ruiz in Miami figured out one apparently legal hook to keep student athletes from transferring and keeping the NILoney. Weekly on site filming requirements. School first, team second. Show for filming for his companies every week if you want the bag.

Back