• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sheep Week 9: Answers due Friday at 12

China is a terrible answer but it won last time it was asked, so I went with China this time.

The vomiting one got me. I initially had 50 or 100, but then I read it’s more like 10-20 and most adults only remember 4-5 times they’ve vomited.

Mine have all been from drinking. And it’s still probably like 10-15. I haven’t vomited in well over a decade.

So 100 seems like a ton.

But when you have a vomitous ailment, whether drinking or GI health, you puke like 9 times.

Getting on a fishing boat. Fuck all you morons.

With the vomit question, many on here apparently failed to remember drinking and what happens after, babies and how often they spit up food and morning sickness. To go along with the random "stomach flu" and food poisoning episodes.

I don’t remember my kids vomiting that often. Maybe a little spit up but full on bile wasn’t common. I’ve thrown up maybe 10 times as an adult.

I have probably averaged about a vomit every other month in my adult life.

I have probably averaged about a vomit every other month in my adult life.

yeah I don't vomit much but man you google it and like 2/3rds of y'all do it fairly regularly, I had no idea

NOT Top 3

mako1331 337

3rd gooner 354

giphy.gif

Toogs I am carrying your old ass, step it up

With the vomit question, many on here apparently failed to remember drinking and what happens after, babies and how often they spit up food and morning sickness. To go along with the random "stomach flu" and food poisoning episodes.

I have an infant, so this stuck in my mind, but anything above 100 was just a dart throw.

Felt like there were a lot of "not correct answer," but "sheep answer" this week (Chinese, Italian, Tip Question, Vomit).

China is a terrible answer but it won last time it was asked, so I went with China this time.

The vomiting one got me. I initially had 50 or 100, but then I read it’s more like 10-20 and most adults only remember 4-5 times they’ve vomited.

Mine have all been from drinking. And it’s still probably like 10-15. I haven’t vomited in well over a decade.

So 100 seems like a ton.

Agreed on both. Everyone always raves about Indian food, so yeah....

I went with 10 on vomit. Some weak ass stomachs over here.

My worst decision of the week was talking myself out of Fight Club because it was too old

There is also OblingPickle brother

yeah but it's way more suspicious that OP and OP Mother got the exact same score.

Sorry, family was together for a visit with my grandparents, and while at home, I asked them individually for their answers, AFTER I had already put mine down.

We had different answers, it's just luck that they ended up tying. I'll post them below, and this can be verified by Townie.

OblongPickle:
1. Fight Club
2. Violin
3. Ice
4. Pie
5. Dick
6. Cow
7. $5.00
8. Volkswagen
9. China/Chinese
10. Italy/Italian
11. 200
12. Ball

OP Mom:
1. Ocean’s 11
2. Violin
3. Rice
4. Pie
5. Dick
6. Cow
7. $5.00
8. Volkswagen
9. China/Chinese
10. Italy/Italian
11. 100
12. Loaf

Also, for a few laughs, here were my brother's answers...he had a few of the 1-pointers.

OP Brother:
1. Inglorious Basterds
2. Guitar
3. Rice
4. Pie
5. Dingle
6. Goat
7. $5.00
8. Volkswagen
9. Japan/Japanese
10. Spain/Spanish
11. 1,567 (I asked him wtf he was thinking, but no response)
12. Ball

And BTW....100 is a terrible "real" answer for the vomit question.

First of all, think of how many times you vomited as a kid, even if you're going to disregard "spitting up", you know you had those damn 24-48 hour bugs a bunch as a kid. That's probably once every other year or so...so let's say 10-20 minimum during your school days.

Then think about how many times you vomited during your wild college nights. That's gotta be AT LEAST 5 times per year. So you're lookin at 20-25 just in those 4-5 years combined. And that's just a mild partier. I know some of you frat boys probably vom'd 3-4 times/month. Which puts you at 20-30 times or more each school year.

Then there's food poisoning, which I think an average person probably gets at least once during their life, maybe twice.

Then, average person lives to 79-80. Even once a year puts you at 10+20+80=110 or 20+25+80=125. Those are baselines.

Then you have to figure in the KEY in all of this. That a majority of times when you vomit from sickness, or food poisoning, you are vomiting more than once in that given time frame. I'd say 2-4 times per. So take out 40% of the above numbers for single-instance drunken vomits, or just overall single-vomit instances, then double the rest for a minimum number. That's 66-75 times where you vomit at least twice.

So when you factor it all in, it's [66 (multiple vomits) *2 + 44 (40% single vomits) = 176 (min)] to [75 (multi) *2 + 50 (40% single vomits) = 200 (max)]

And that's just if you vomit twice for each illness/food poisoning. If you up it to 3 or 4, its 240-300.

So, it's obvious, 200 was the correct answer for a lower-end, average vomit-er. The math is there. :geek:

:sick:

/my irrational thesis on vomiting

Also, for a few laughs, here were my brother's answers...he had a few of the 1-pointers.

OP Brother:
1. Inglorious Basterds
2. Guitar
3. Rice
4. Pie
5. Dingle
6. Goat
7. $5.00
8. Volkswagen
9. Japan/Japanese
10. Spain/Spanish
11. 1,567 (I asked him wtf he was thinking, but no response)
12. Ball

I barely beat this slate of answers. And that includes the vomit question where he wasn’t trying. I’m TERRIBLE at this

Back