• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sheep Week 9: Answers due Friday at 12

And BTW....100 is a terrible "real" answer for the vomit question.

First of all, think of how many times you vomited as a kid, even if you're going to disregard "spitting up", you know you had those damn 24-48 hour bugs a bunch as a kid. That's probably once every other year or so...so let's say 10-20 minimum during your school days.

Then think about how many times you vomited during your wild college nights. That's gotta be AT LEAST 5 times per year. So you're lookin at 20-25 just in those 4-5 years combined. And that's just a mild partier. I know some of you frat boys probably vom'd 3-4 times/month. Which puts you at 20-30 times or more each school year.

Then there's food poisoning, which I think an average person probably gets at least once during their life, maybe twice.

Then, average person lives to 79-80. Even once a year puts you at 10+20+80=110 or 20+25+80=125. Those are baselines.

Then you have to figure in the KEY in all of this. That a majority of times when you vomit from sickness, or food poisoning, you are vomiting more than once in that given time frame. I'd say 2-4 times per. So take out 40% of the above numbers for single-instance drunken vomits, or just overall single-vomit instances, then double the rest for a minimum number. That's 66-75 times where you vomit at least twice.

So when you factor it all in, it's [66 (multiple vomits) *2 + 44 (40% single vomits) = 176 (min)] to [75 (multi) *2 + 50 (40% single vomits) = 200 (max)]

And that's just if you vomit twice for each illness/food poisoning. If you up it to 3 or 4, its 240-300.

So, it's obvious, 200 was the correct answer for a lower-end, average vomit-er. The math is there. :geek:

:sick:

/my irrational thesis on vomiting

Good post, and I wonder what the "real" answer is, but since college, I haven't vomited anywhere near once per year. I don't think I have vomited for 15 years.

Agreed on both. Everyone always raves about Indian food, so yeah....

I went with 10 on vomit. Some weak ass stomachs over here.

My worst decision of the week was talking myself out of Fight Club because it was too old

I had to talk myself into Fight Club, because basically every list as IB as his best movie. But given the age and malcontentment of this board, FC makes sense.

10. The European country with the best food
Italy - 32
France - 19
Spain - 1

11. The number of times the average person vomits in a lifetime
100 - 30
50 - 9
1000 - 4
10 - 3
20 - 2
500 - 2
200, 1567 - 1

12. Meat _____
Loaf - 26
Ball - 21
Head - 2
Eater, market, sweats - 1

The space before _____ should matter! It's not meat loaf or meat ball, it's meatloaf and meatball.

The space before _____ should matter! It's not meat loaf or meat ball, it's meatloaf and meatball.

632efc6f0cbcf97d16216eb839b1bfa1.jpg

(South, I guess) Korea is my "real" answer for best Asian food, followed closely by Vietnam. I went with Japan because I figured people would elevate sushi over Chinese food.

100 is about right for vomiting, especially if you consider two trips to the bathroom in 10 minutes two instances of vomiting.

i'm disappointed more people didn't consider meat sweats

Back