• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Spring Football Game

I’ve been impressed by Jackson Hensley. Looks the part, physical, he may be a good one in a year or so.

Almost afraid to ask: is the band there, and if so what are their numbers?

Who has looked good? I’m not talking just today, but the last 3 years. Kerns has had moments, Griffis really is inaccurate. I understand we are a “developmental program” but unless lil Brett is the answer. There is no one in the QB room so far who looks like an ACC level starting QB.

Billy Edwards

Who has looked good? I’m not talking just today, but the last 3 years. Kerns has had moments, Griffis really is inaccurate. I understand we are a “developmental program” but unless lil Brett is the answer. There is no one in the QB room so far who looks like an ACC level starting QB.

You're not watching the game. Edward's started 2nd half for Black

No. Edwards is QB for White in the second half. Sam's day is done. Two TD drives for Edwards so far. 6/7 passing.

I am watching and Billy does look good today. If he is the starter after Hartman I will be surprised. If he has developed enough in one season to surpass Kern and Griffis I will be shocked.

Our system, especially at QB, is about consistency. Clawson will not want a one year rental to try to learn our slow mesh and reads. Kern and Edwards will be fine. When has a QB not worked out in Clawsons system?

Kern and Griffis both look atrocious and that’s against our D who they play against every day.

Dez Williams also looking good
Second TD from Edwards.

Our system, especially at QB, is about consistency. Clawson will not want a one year rental to try to learn our slow mesh and reads. Kern and Edwards will be fine. When has a QB not worked out in Clawsons system?

You do know plenty of guys in the portal have multiple years of eligibility. Couple guys didn’t workout in the last 9 seasons, Travis smith, Sousa, Cameron, Santino, off the top of my head. Billy has shown flashes today, but can we at least all agree it doesn’t look like it will be Kern or Griffis.

Edwards has to be #2 going into the fall based upon today. Kid appears to have a lot of "Wolford in him".

You do know plenty of guys in the portal have multiple years of eligibility. Couple guys didn’t workout in the last 9 seasons, Travis smith, Sousa, Cameron, Santino, off the top of my head. Billy has shown flashes today, but can we at least all agree it doesn’t look like it will be Kern or Griffis.

Now Go thru every P5 program and point out QBs that did not work out. The main man in Clawsons system will put up numbers and will win for us. We are fine at QB.

I hope that “last chance to have hair like this” like by Sam was not a hint that he’s already decided this is the last year.

The Sam Hartman Show. Love it. Damn, Wake Forest football has come a very long way!!

Back