• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Spring Football Game

Looks like Santino won’t get in today. I was hoping to see him at RB. Very surprised by that move and I wanted to see if there was a particular reason he got moved to RB.

Looks like Santino won’t get in today. I was hoping to see him at RB. Very surprised by that move and I wanted to see if there was a particular reason he got moved to RB.

Got moved because we had 4 QB's better than him

Sam just said “my last year here” so I guess this is it.

Nice catch for the finale. Super deep reserve tight end gets a TD for the white with Brett Griffis on the toss to the sideline.

If I’m not mistaken, Coby Davis had a pick and completed his celebration with a round off and a backflip which was even more impressive than the pick.

If I’m not mistaken, Coby Davis had a pick and completed his celebration with a round off and a backflip which was even more impressive than the pick.

He had a nice pick. Might have been a pick six in full action. QB (last man) got hands on him for the "tackle."

My take:

WR room is elite. (Preaching to the choir)

Kern looked way better to me, than some of y’all are giving credit for. Edwards looked good, too. Mitch might not be the best Griffis.

RB room is good.

Carson, Holmes and Roberts look elite.

Murphy is not Sciba. Big leg though

Anyone able to share some takeaways (if any) from the TV broadcast interviews for those who attended in person?

Anyone able to share some takeaways (if any) from the TV broadcast interviews for those who attended in person?

Sam can talk a blue streak. Not sure he needs to inhale. He said this is his last year and he is now a 23 year old "has been." Once he is done with football, he could make a good broadcaster. No dead air for him.

ETA: Sam has a one-of-a-kind Wake hat that was custom made for him. He said maaaaybe limited production this summer. Black hat with "WAKE" in block caps across the front in gold.

Last edited:
You asked a question, I gave you the answer. One of the 4 better QB's would include Mitch

You aren’t a little surprised we moved our highest rated recruit from a year ago to a new position when the successor to qb is such a wide open race? I would think they would have moved Griffis who has shown what he had rather than a true freshman who has been on campus for a year. Maybe Santino is just that good a runner probably not. But to give up on our top rates recruit within a year is surprising.

Dave with some professorial discourse on how our option plays out and the multiple decisions our QB has to make in 1.2 secs. Currie with a nice discussion of the facilities expenditures later echoed by Wes and Roddy. I was disappointed they didn’t show walk thrus or renderings of the McCreary expansion and even the Shah and Sutton bldgs. Sam was delightful discussing culture and process and legacy, all while cracking on teammates hair styles while admitting he is cutting his own to save money.

Entirely new territory for 4th-5th year guys with NIL. If Hartman has no NFL desire and/or prospects but can garner a seven-figure NIL deal to come back for another year, it wouldn't surprise me. if he's back for another year in black & gold.

Entirely new territory for 4th-5th year guys with NIL. If Hartman has no NFL desire and/or prospects but can garner a seven-figure NIL deal to come back for another year, it wouldn't surprise me. if he's back for another year in black & gold.

He said it’s his last year several times over the last month and today(it’s my last chance to do this stuff)and he’s 23 so I’ll take him at his word.

Back