• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sheep Week 10: Answers due Friday at 12

I've loaded/unloaded a decent amount (maybe 20?) of dishwashers in my day, and I have never seen a fork loaded up. Like, you're telling me you hold it in your hands by the tines to load it and then pull it out by the tines to unload? WTF. I've also never had a single issue with forks not being clean if that's technically the "correct" way to do it. And the 1st Google result says:

This on forks.

Why the hell you pulling clean forks out of dishwasher by tines?

Some dishwasher silverware baskets are designed so you can't put forks in with handle up. I like the "third rack" dishwashers. The silverware goes in horizontally with one edge up. That wasn't an option in sheep.

Bon Appétit and Food and Wine both suggest tines up. My wife caught me with this one as I was a tines down for life guy previously.

With the forks, my silverware holder, like I assume most, is removable, so I pull the container out and set it on the counter to unload the silverware.

Also, I've had issues with the fork tines poking through the holes on the bottom of the silverware container and blocking the spinning sprayer on the bottom of the dishwasher.

:noidea:

I don't think it's that strange.

I've loaded/unloaded a decent amount (maybe 20?) of dishwashers in my day, and I have never seen a fork loaded up. Like, you're telling me you hold it in your hands by the tines to load it and then pull it out by the tines to unload? WTF. I've also never had a single issue with forks not being clean if that's technically the "correct" way to do it. And the 1st Google result says:

In modern silverware racks I don't think it's even possible to load forks tines down.

10. A woman’s name that starts with “M”
Mary - 35
Megan - 3
Madison - 2
Melissa - 2
Maria, Mia, Molly, Morgam, Mulva - 1

11. The funniest character on Seinfeld
Kramer - 24
George - 17
Jerry - 4
Elaine - 2

12. Mega ______
Millions - 22
Man - 18
Byte - 2
Mind - 2
Tron - 2
Watt - 1

I tried so hard to talk myself out of Mary because y'all youngins have all your madisons and makaylas these days.

Sorry to my team. I went on a three-day NFL Draft bender and never even thought of submitting. I haven't even posted since Thursday.

Also, even if you discount the whole cancel Kramer thing, there's no way he's as consistently funny as George.

In modern silverware racks I don't think it's even possible to load forks tines down.

Does not compute. <1 year old p nice Kitchen Aid dishwasher easily accepts (demands!) tines down.

I was honestly shocked that Jerry wasn't #1 because his name was in the question (I realize he's tremendously unfunny).

here is a pic of a KA dishwasher and in that rack you could only do tines up as pictured

6423224cv1d.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

Back