• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billy Edwards is transferring?!?!?!

He apparently showed out in the Spring. Maybe Clawson and Ruggeiro told him he's still behind more experienced backups.

More room for a transfer LB though.

We never even decided if his nickname was going to be Billy the Red or the Ginger Slinger.

That backup quarterback race is wiiiiiiiiide open.

No one position in any sport in college athletics of any kind is more likely to transfer than a P5 quarterback. I bet less than 25% of them stay with their original team their entire career. That has always been the case even before the portal and especially true now.

To me, the kid clearly appeared to be a very strong backup and #2 to Hartman with a starting role potentially after this season.

Maybe there's much more behind the scenes or Clawson doesn't see it that way. Then again, I'm not a 19 year old with NIL money on the table. Different world I guess.

To me, the kid clearly appeared to be a very strong backup and #2 to Hartman with a starting role potentially after this season.

Maybe there's much more behind the scenes or Clawson doesn't see it that way. Then again, I'm not a 19 year old with NIL money on the table. Different world I guess.

He played and “showed out” in the Spring Game against our 3s. We will find a way to overcome the loss of our #4 QB. Not every portal kid finds his desired home. Or some even a home.

We better make up for it by landing Prentiss Noland in the 2024 class.

he was the star of more practice reports than anyone else then killed it during the spring game, the commentators were slobbering all over him. curious how long it takes for him to land somewhere but it seems very plausible his positive exposure has him looking to play soon. wouldn’t be surprised if there was something behind the scenes it’s unlikely we hear about where he thought he deserved to be backup and was told that wasn’t going to happen.

Get used to it, boys and girls. The ncaa and schools have made billions off of kids. The ncaa banished Reggie Bush, and then kept selling his USC jersey…. The kids get a free education, which is huge, but it is so compromised. They have a full time job on the “side,” and are expected to perform on both fronts, or the are out…..

And they are kids and still trying to grow up and become mature adults. And find happiness in life. The college athlete system has not been working. And we’re seeing more suicides now.

There is VERY little ok about the ncaa experience now.

ncaa blows and they essentially have pushed their president out because of what has happened with the portal and nil with no guidance at all.[SUB][/SUB]

bringing back sitting out a year would eliminate a lot of the nonsense. Do that, and put some teeth into the no pay for play regs, which still exist. Have defined portal time and anti-tampering rules. There is plenty of room in there and actually within the previous structure for kids to make NIL money.

bringing back sitting out a year would eliminate a lot of the nonsense. Do that, and put some teeth into the no pay for play regs, which still exist. Have defined portal time and anti-tampering rules. There is plenty of room in there and actually within the previous structure for kids to make NIL money.

Tell me you’re big mad about Addison to USC without telling me you’re big mad about Addison to USC.

Back