• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billy Edwards is transferring?!?!?!

Edwards may be the one to successfully challenge the Maurice Clarett rule and jump to the NFL, in 2023, just two years after HS when he wins the Heisman and leads Maryland the National Championship.

are we assuming Taulia gets hurt?

Maybe, but while Tagovailua is very good, Edward's may bring new life to a team not winning often in the Big 10. I saw Edward's in the spring game....heady, enthusiastic, high motor, good on his feet, and fairly quick. Didn't matter who was defending his last TD. He put it through a small window.

Sometimes new players with his personality and skills bring new life... and hope. Who knows, but it will be interesting to follow.

FYI his brother is Kyle Edwards, Grad assistant at Maryland and former Alabama QB. Something we probably should have seen coming by the way.

FYI his brother is Kyle Edwards, Grad assistant at Maryland and former Alabama QB. Something we probably should have seen coming by the way.

I don’t think anyone of us care that much to look into things on a freshman QB lol

Billy Edwards returns to the Carolinas this weekend as MD plays at Charlotte. Edwards played last week against Buffalo (he was 1 for 1 for 7 yards). and Charlotte has been TERRIBLE as William and Mary buried CLT last week 41-24 as the Tribe rushed for 303 yards. Edwards should get plenty of 4th quarter snaps.

Billy cost us some coin last week, Pilch, after Maryland gave up a garbage time FG (WTF did Buffalo take the FG in a 3 possession game???), and Billy couldn't answer with points.

Billy Edwards returns to the Carolinas this weekend as MD plays at Charlotte. Edwards played last week against Buffalo (he was 1 for 1 for 7 yards). and Charlotte has been TERRIBLE as William and Mary buried CLT last week 41-24 as the Tribe rushed for 303 yards. Edwards should get plenty of 4th quarter snaps.

What ever happened to GoNiners?

Buffalo backdoored the cover with a late FG from their own 16. Weird decision down 31-7, but apparently, the Bulls wanted the cover. Disappointed in the MD offense. Should've put up more than 31 on Buffalo. Charlotte is in a world of hurt. Their stud experienced QB is injured; his backups are terrible, and their defense is atrocious. One thing concerns about the game is MD's slow tempo. They averaged 8.5 yards per pass and 5.7 per rush against Buffalo, but MD only ran 61 plays for the game, that is a crazy small number (WF runs close to 80). Hard to cover a big spread (MD is favored by 27 @ CLT) when you play so slow.

Last edited:
Billy cost us some coin last week, Pilch, after Maryland gave up a garbage time FG (WTF did Buffalo take the FG in a 3 possession game???), and Billy couldn't answer with points.

From 4th string at Wake to 2nd string at Maryland, good for you Billy.

From 4th string at Wake to 2nd string at Maryland, good for you Billy.

Kind of crazy. Talia, Tua's brother, is QB1 for MD, and while he could stay at MD for a sixth year, Edwards could be in line to start for a Power V program next year if Talia moves on. FWIW, looking like Edwards saw Griffis and Kern ahead of him, and knew he had to leave to play.

Kind of crazy. Talia, Tua's brother, is QB1 for MD, and while he could stay at MD for a sixth year, Edwards could be in line to start for a Power V program next year if Talia moves on. FWIW, looking like Edwards saw Griffis and Kern ahead of him, and knew he had to leave to play.

I saw a crazy statistic about starting QBs in the FBS. 120ish FBS teams like 100 starting QBs have transferred into the school that they're starting for. Crazy

Buffalo backdoored the cover with a late FG from their own 16. Weird decision down 31-7, but apparently, the Bulls wanted the cover. Disappointed in the MD offense. Should've put up more than 31 on Buffalo. Charlotte is in a world of hurt. Their stud experienced QB is injured; his backups are terrible, and their defense is atrocious. One thing concerns about the game is MD's slow tempo. They averaged 8.5 yards per pass and 5.7 per rush against Buffalo, but MD only ran 61 plays for the game, that is a crazy small number (WF runs close to 80). Hard to cover a big spread (MD is favored by 27 @ CLT) when you play so slow.

That was a long field goal.

I saw a crazy statistic about starting QBs in the FBS. 120ish FBS teams like 100 starting QBs have transferred into the school that they're starting for. Crazy

The quick math of only 4 of 14 starting QBs in the ACC being transfers (Garrett Shrader, Kedon Slovis, Phil Jurkovec, Grant Wells) makes me skeptical of this.

The quick math of only 4 of 14 starting QBs in the ACC being transfers (Garrett Shrader, Kedon Slovis, Phil Jurkovec, Grant Wells) makes me skeptical of this.

Jordan Travis originally went to Louisville, no? That said I agree there is no way it’s 100/131.

Jordan Travis originally went to Louisville, no? That said I agree there is no way it’s 100/131.

agree with both

FSU DT Jackson who blocked the PAT also started at UL; tough week for UL fans

Back