• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
600k. I guessed 250. I don’t know things.

Maybe it is the sales guy in me, but calling them the Jaws of Life was a real stroke of genius.

Firefighter Supply Sales Guy: "Hey, do you guys need any tools for opening gaps or cutting metal apart?"

Firefighter Procurement Guy: "No. We're good. Plenty of tools already."

Firefighter Supply Sales Guy: "Well, I guess I'll just have to sell the Jaws of Life to somebody who actually cares about rescuing people."

Firefighter Procurement Guy: "Jaws of Life, eh? Wait just a god damned minute... You've got yourself a deal, pardner!"

Or something like that (except funny).

There are so many damn accessories to them as well. The original Jaws were just hydraulic spreaders. Now there are spreaders, cutters, lifters; and they're even battery operated now.

Hey how much do you guys think a new fire truck costs. Throw some guesses out there.

Our brush truck cost $190,000 back in 2009, our Squad Truck we got through a sweet state grant for roughly $100k, and the engines are in the $500k+ range. If you want to go with a ladder truck, you're easily looking over a million.

That's just the price for the truck itself, then we have to spend a shit ton more to outfit it with equipment.

I’m seriously considering becoming a firefighter.

Serious question, how have adults on this board avoided hearing Pitbull’s music? He’s one of the most famous pop acts in the world, his music is ubiquitous.

He just let me flash the lights and sirens. Then he said he didn’t want his daughter to get a useless degree like philosophy while she’s at UNC. I love this dude.

He just let me flash the lights and sirens. Then he said he didn’t want his daughter to get a useless degree like philosophy while she’s at UNC. I love this dude.

oh no, the humanities bros just got trigger'd

Hey how much do you guys think a new fire truck costs. Throw some guesses out there.

Let's be honest, any fire department near where you live is buying used.

But I'll play... $150k? Probably higher.

Serious question, how have adults on this board avoided hearing Pitbull’s music? He’s one of the most famous pop acts in the world, his music is ubiquitous.

When you get old like me, you listen to music you already know and like, kidz bop, and then everything else is just stuff that you hear in the background of NCIS reruns.

I guess some of that could be Pitbull. But I wouldn't know it.

When you get old like me, you listen to music you already know and like, kidz bop, and then everything else is just stuff that you hear in the background of NCIS reruns.

I guess some of that could be Pitbull. But I wouldn't know it.

My wife programmed the XMU station on the same button with the kidzbop station because I’m pretty sure she secretly hates me.

I am guess I’ve heard it and just not known it. It seems like generic, easy to ignore in a coffee shop / bar dance music.

i have two young kids and sirius in the car

it's basically just disney songs and the same shit i've been listening to in the background since i was in college

This one firefighter rolled up on a moped so I’m not sure I want my house to catch on fire while he’s on call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back