• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the statistics on volunteer firefighter verse actual standing paid firefighters in terms of response time and percent of structure saved (I guess best way to measure). Like obviously volunteer is better than nothing for towns that can’t afford standing services but I would assume you’re kind of fucked relying on moped guy to get there in a timely fashion.

What’s the statistics on volunteer firefighter verse actual standing paid firefighters in terms of response time and percent of structure saved (I guess best way to measure). Like obviously volunteer is better than nothing for towns that can’t afford standing services but I would assume you’re kind of fucked relying on moped guy to get there in a timely fashion.

Funny you should ask. They covered this.

There is always a paid employee at the station that’s in charge of driving the truck to the location. Then the volunteers meet them there to lower response time.

I’m learning a lot today. Plus since I’m scuba certified they really want me for underwear recovery ops.

Funny you should ask. They covered this.

There is always a paid employee at the station that’s in charge of driving the truck to the location. Then the volunteers meet them there to lower response time.

I’m learning a lot today. Plus since I’m scuba certified they really want me for underwear recovery ops.

Do these guys lose a lot of underwear ?

that's for cops. firefighters are all about grilled food i think
During mealtimes yes, but most meetings are from 7-10p, so most of them would have already had dinner. Ice cream is another great option.

Volunteer and career departments are held to the same standard with regards to response time. Expected to have a truck in route within 3 minutes of dispatch, and on scene within 8 minutes of dispatch. It really varies from area to area though. In NC, there is an ISO rating for each department/district, and the departments are judged on everything from rosters, available equipment, and previous structure fire response. 1 is the best rated, 9 is the worst of the ratings, and 10 is considered unprotected.

Cost/Benefit Analysis shows that none of the buildings in the fire district are actually worth saving, so the VFD is really just for show.

During mealtimes yes, but most meetings are from 7-10p, so most of them would have already had dinner. Ice cream is another great option.

Volunteer and career departments are held to the same standard with regards to response time. Expected to have a truck in route within 3 minutes of dispatch, and on scene within 8 minutes of dispatch. It really varies from area to area though. In NC, there is an ISO rating for each department/district, and the departments are judged on everything from rosters, available equipment, and previous structure fire response. 1 is the best rated, 9 is the worst of the ratings, and 10 is considered unprotected.

Apparently ours is so well rated I saved 400 bucks on home insurance last year.

Do you want to come to career day next year?

Mako is going to take a second (5th? Teacher, grounds keeper, coach, bus driver) job isn't he?

Serious question, how have adults on this board avoided hearing Pitbull’s music? He’s one of the most famous pop acts in the world, his music is ubiquitous.

I listen to 99.5 the Ranch in the car, my Spotify at home, and if I am out and about I don't tend to look up songs if I don't think they are good. So I am pretty oblivious to 95% of music I hear outside.

i have two young kids and sirius in the car

it's basically just disney songs and the same shit i've been listening to in the background since i was in college

Similar - they get encanto soundtrack but only if I get to listen to my stuff for half the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back