• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lands End has a 40% sale right now.

thumb_youre-gonna-like-the-way-you-00look-i-guarantee-it-50106259.png

It seems odd that you people would rather talk some more about grading fucking papers than about the dude with the cock growing out of his arm.

I once saw Beck Wethers, who lost his nose in a Mt. Everest climbing "disaster" and had it regrown on his forehead, give a talk at Wake. He also lost an arm and had severe foot damage. Anyway, his forehead nose worked, but it looked weird.

Well, I can officially resign from basketball on Thursday. However, I will officially be named the Men’s soccer coach on Thursday.

Thought this was interesting enough to post and hopefully facilitate some discussion. The entire thread of charts is worthwhile.

I am struggling with an occupancy simulation today. I am trying to replicate the presence/absence data from fresh water turtle surveys in California and Oregon when the surveyors skipped a lot of surveys so there is missing data. I am trying to test the tolerance of multi-season occupancy models to missing values just to make sure analyzing the real data will give us descent results. This is all to support an upcoming decision on whether or not to list the turtles under the endangered species act. I'd rather be out looking at whooping cranes and sedge wrens. Even playing with fire trucks would be cool.

I gave up and went with "phone a friend" who is a much better coder than I. Apparently, my simulation was good and the analysis step was good, except that the object I created to feed the simulated data into the analysis was the wrong shape. It's working now, so I can go look for some birds.

Thought this was interesting enough to post and hopefully facilitate some discussion. The entire thread of charts is worthwhile.

I just finished this long read about the shift from 35mm to digital and how it begot our current streaming situation: https://www.nplusonemag.com/issue-42/essays/digital-rocks/

pretty interesting read about how much the big movie studios have manipulated things at the expense of small movie theaters and independent film producers and how the physical medium of film production played a big part

Well, I can officially resign from basketball on Thursday. However, I will officially be named the Men’s soccer coach on Thursday.

ooof. Based on your assumed location, that's a rough gig.

ooof. Based on your assumed location, that's a rough gig.

Haha. No rougher than the basketball gig where I’m responsible for the only 2 winning seasons in 24 years.

I’m probably a better soccer coach honestly and it’s less time and headache.

Haha. No rougher than the basketball gig where I’m responsible for the only 2 winning seasons in 24 years.

I’m probably a better soccer coach honestly and it’s less time and headache.

Well good luck! Except against the orange and blue team east of you.

Man I'm having a tough week. Not to play off the memes above. I need to get some shit off my chest.

My grandpa is getting worse. He's had radiation treatments and was supposed to start immunotherapy today, but when he got there, he was too weak. He's just been declining and declining ever since the radiation ended. He ended up being admitted to the hospital and is having CT scans and MRI done.

Add on to that that my pathetic family members are doing everything they can to nudge out my mom. She offered multiple times to do anything to help, to go anywhere they needed, and was told there was nothing they needed her to do. The next day they go to the hospital and take her sister and her sister's husband with them to the hospital. That part of the family is just staying so far up my grandpa's wife's ass it's despicable. She's his second wife, and she is NOT my grandma. She's just a lady in our family. She's a bitch and obviously only allows those that dive up her ass to be included in my grandpa's affairs. She asked for no visitors for a while because he was so weak and tired and wasn't getting out of bed, yet my mom's sister's husband and their son show up every day....because they do odd jobs for my grandpa, and the son works my grandpas farm. They show up every day because they know they'll get paid for the stuff they do. They're money hungry pricks. All of this is done because my grandpa is rich and they want their cut, or a bigger cut whenever he passes. I don't care wtf I get, I just want him better. It's so demeaning and sad to be outsiders to your family. The sadder thing is, my mom is my grandpa's favorite and is closest with him...and she is doing whatever she thinks is best for him, the rest of the family is doing whatever is best for themselves.

BLAHHHH....I'm so sorry....that's TMI and way too much personal info, but I HAVE to vent.

That said, we were going through old pictures to share with the family (fuck that now, these are for our eyes only), but we found this old picture of my grandpa. He is such a good looking man. Always has been. All of his life women have fallen all over him, and when he would go to visit HIS mom in the hospital 20 years ago when she was ill, all of the nurses would nudge each other and run to the nurses station to say hey to him. He is such a good man. Anyway, here's my Elvis-doppelganger of a grandpa (my Paw Paw).

20220430-202538.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back