• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weirdest thing about packing up my things is that I work from home... Which makes it kind of pointless.

well the lady ats hasn't left you yet, even though she has met mako, so i think you'll be ok

speaking of packing things, we're clearing out our office area as they prep to demo the space this weekend and build new offices. feels like the last day of school. everyone clearing their desks (lockers), going away for the summer, see ya in a few months.

speaking of packing things, we're clearing out our office area as they prep to demo the space this weekend and build new offices. feels like the last day of school. everyone clearing their desks (lockers), going away for the summer, see ya in a few months.

Our office is upgrading the associate furniture and moving around some practice groups so we are in a similar spot.

yea my company is moving offices from the watergate to some big building in farragut this fall

sometime in late summer they want us to go clear out our old desks and what not

as a remote employee who lives in DC like 3 miles from the office and may move away, i dig that the new space has much nicer amenities for the 4-5 times a year i might go there

It'll be nice because I'm getting an actual office rather than a cube, although it's the smallest office they're building since the the HR ppl need bigger offices to meet with employees and such. but I feel bad because they're kicking out a guy on our food and beverage team to go to the shared supervisors office. he moved in here during the pandemic since it was quieter, and my office is essentially going where his desk is now.

I know this is weird coming from me, but as I'm planning this trip I realize I have an irrational fear of my kid getting snatched up by an alligator.

no offices where we're moving, it's ACTIVITY BASED WORK so no cubes no offices just long tables and booths and conference rooms and foosball and bars and stuff

It'll be nice because I'm getting an actual office rather than a cube, although it's the smallest office they're building since the the HR ppl need bigger offices to meet with employees and such. but I feel bad because they're kicking out a guy on our food and beverage team to go to the shared supervisors office. he moved in here during the pandemic since it was quieter, and my office is essentially going where his desk is now.

just claim eminent domain and tell him to kick rocks

i don't really care cause i'm under no obligation to go in as a WFHElite but there are some feathers ruffled

I've thought about this before.

I don't even know what I'd do if they asked me about it. I'd probably just start packing up my things.

"Yup, you got me. I don't know what I'm doing either. It's weird. I understand. Thanks for a good run!"

They are IT. They get it.

If nothing else, you're being actively protected by them.

no offices where we're moving, it's ACTIVITY BASED WORK so no cubes no offices just long tables and booths and conference rooms and foosball and bars and stuff

my boss has long advocated me to get an office since I deal with confidential stuff a lot, so this will be nice. truly open concept can suck. also, thanks to lovely NC ABC laws, we cannot drink on the clock. gotta be fully done for the day and not return to your desk. whereas in CA you can have a beer at lunch so long as you're not like operating heavy machinery or anything after.

I can’t believe after two years still dealing with covid bullshit, wife was sent home from work because she sat next to someone yesterday for a work lunch that ended up super sick overnight and tested positive this morning.

Would you office drones rather be back in cubicles? Serious question.

i think the government should force companies to open workplaces as a separate, tradable commodity

i think your workplace should be Powered by Panera Bread

hey guys just a quick question i'm trying to get some clarity on

when is a fetus considered alive

sorry if that's too political i'm just trying to get a quick number on that for my records

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back