• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my favorite dril re-quote of all time

What kind of tomatoes? Also I hope the mint and oregano are well segregated from the rest of your plot…

I had to put up a deer fence yesterday. Fuckers came in and mowed down my cucumbers (for the second time) and also pruned half of my tomatoes. The tomatoes will recover but I thought they’re supposed to be poisonous or at least unappetizing to deer. Apparently these domesticated mutant fucks will eat anything I want to live.

Mint and oregano are in a container with the other herbs. Have never had an issue. Just make sure to keep them trimmed.

Tomatoes are Bradley Heirloom and Husky Cherry. Last year we got zero big tomatoes because of animals. I may buy some nets this year if we have the same issue.

I think next year we are going to do an actual plot garden as opposed to containers.

I’m doing cherokee purple, San marzano and a couple cherry varieties. Also an early girl, my thought was I’d make sure I at least get something from the garden this way since the heat wrecks things early. But this is the one the deer keep pruning so that’s not going to happen.

I had mint at my last house, I planted like one extra sprig from a recipe and then the next year it appeared like 10 feet away. Total kudzu situation but at least it’s tasty. Oregano is not quite the same but it’s become a creeping carpet of death for the rest of my herb area. Can’t use it fast enough. And it overwinters at this size.

I planted mine yesterday, hopefully before the incoming rain.

12 jalapeños
12 better boy tomato plants
4 ancho chilis
4 Anaheim chilis
8 green peppers
4 sweet banana peppers
4 black beauty eggplants

Zucchini
Crookneck squash
Spaghetti squash
Cantaloupe
Watermelon
Honey Sweet Corn
Green sugar snap peas

I've got 3 more rows to plant, and plan to do at least one row of black beans. They're currently soaking to be planted later this week.

I can already tell a big difference having the bees. My fruit trees are busting at the seam, after barely producing the past few years. Looking forward to the honey in a few weeks.

I'm taking my kids up for a day at Hershey Park in early June. Love that place!

It's HersheyPark, rube

giphy.gif

I think next year we may do an actual plot of land as opposed to just multiple large containers.

My cousin posted an instgram story of the whole family at Merlfest and the first thing I thought was "I wonder if they got and grilled cheese while at the show?"

Car salespeople are some of the slimiest out there. Just standing out in front of the dealership waiting to pounce once you get out of the car. Shoutout to carmax for the least painful experience.

Car salespeople are some of the slimiest out there. Just standing out in front of the dealership waiting to pounce once you get out of the car. Shoutout to carmax for the least painful experience.

I highly recommend buying from Enterprise or Hertz - they don’t have salespeople. You walk the lot by yourself and then walk inside to ask for keys, or to ask questions about the cars. The only downside is the vehicles are former rentals, so they are all base models or close to it.

Inventory on new cars is so limited right now they don’t have to do that right now. The price is pretty close to the price.

The only time we dealt with somebody was when she wanted to test drive and to do the purchase. Nobody hawked us or anything. Didn’t even go on the test drive with us.

Inventory on new cars is so limited right now they don’t have to do that right now. The price is pretty close to the price.

We went to two dealerships, Subaru & C/J/D, purely for their used inventory and at both, salespeople were just waiting out front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back