• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame on the East Surry Cardinals for studying Steven Spielberg and following his lead.

8C2KVFp.png

Cata, Doug - if you guys don't have other plans, you might want to try to get a ticket to the Billy Strings show tonight. He was all business and it was one of the best Red Rocks crowds I've ever seen. We landed in Row 22 last night which is about as close as I've ever been (Row 18 for Panic a few years ago).

What percentage of the population do you think can lift 400+ in any lift? Outside of professional athletes and competitive weightlifters, it has to be like <5%, right?

Way less than 5% I'd guess. Maybe if you narrowed it to an younger age range of guys you get could get closer.

Anybody else get hip flexor pain when they try to squat deep? Frustrating me. Seems to happen regardless of how wide my stance is.

Way less than 5% I'd guess. Maybe if you narrowed it to an younger age range of guys you get could get closer.

Anybody else get hip flexor pain when they try to squat deep? Frustrating me. Seems to happen regardless of how wide my stance is.

Do any hip flexor stretching before you squat? Runners lunge or upward facing dog can help

Too old to go no belt. Don't believe in knee sleeves. 430. The old dude at the gym that spots me sometimes in the morning said "hard pass" when I asked him this morning.

Tbf though, I only felt like I had proper depth, so no clue if it was actually competition deep.

430 is ridiculous. Nice job.

I don't think I could do much over 300 right now with my little chicken legs.

I believe in knee sleeves and I use them. I don't have a belt.

Pretty surprised no one has commented on the East Surry girl's... potential yet. Where's awaken when we need him? And now, I guess I'm that guy.

I'm thinking about getting into some yoga. I have some foot pain and I think it might be from a tight Achilles. Also want to improve lower back and hip flexibility for golf.

Yeah, way less than 5%.

I maybe could (probably not) deadlift 400lbs right now and I feel like I lift a lot more often than your average homie.

I'm thinking about getting into some yoga. I have some foot pain and I think it might be from a tight Achilles. Also want to improve lower back and hip flexibility for golf.

Do some happy baby Biff. That’ll get the lower back. Will also help with your pelvic floor!!

i am at my lowest levels of general muscle -- back, hip, leg -- pain when I'm consistently doing yoga

Yeah, way less than 5%.

I maybe could (probably not) deadlift 400lbs right now and I feel like I lift a lot more often than your average homie.

I think most healthy and generally athletic dudes could deadlift 400 if they put in some work. A starting strength program for 6 months would probably get you pretty dang close.

Speaking of sleeves, belts and pain, I have backed off lifting and switched to mostly kettlebell stuff. I feel way better after about a month. It might be due to the built in cardio and lighter load.

Yeah, I have started doing a lot of band work because my hips have been hurting. It's helped.

y'all doing some bodyweight deep squats before you take on the heavy stuff? Let things stretch out down there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back