• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to the Supreme Court tomorrow with the fam for the abortion rally, how's this for my sign:

“The unborn” are a convenient group of people to advocate for. They never make demands of you; they are morally uncomplicated, unlike the incarcerated, addicted, or the chronically poor; they don’t resent your condescension or complain that you are not politically correct; unlike widows, they don’t ask you to question patriarchy; unlike orphans, they don’t need money, education, or childcare; unlike aliens, they don’t bring all that racial, cultural, and religious baggage that you dislike; they allow you to feel good about yourself without any work at creating or maintaining relationships; and when they are born, you can forget about them, because they cease to be unborn. You can love the unborn and advocate for them without substantially challenging your own wealth, power, or privilege, without re-imagining social structures, apologizing, or making reparations to anyone. They are, in short, the perfect people to love if you want to claim you love Jesus, but actually dislike people who breathe. Prisoners? Immigrants? The sick? The poor? Widows? Orphans? All the groups that are specifically mentioned in the Bible? They all get thrown under the bus for the unborn.”

That's a lot of sidewalk chalk.

After having kids, I've come to realize that a piece of sidewalk chalk lasts approximately 1/3 of a letter.

Yeah, way less than 5%.

I maybe could (probably not) deadlift 400lbs right now and I feel like I lift a lot more often than your average homie.

Maybe I could do a 400 lb deadlift right now but I have no desire to try. I did do that workout you posted a few weeks back. Sadly I also had a worse time than your wife as well. It was only by a minute and I am probably older so that is my excuse.

I would trade my squat total for the ability to run long distances at a sub 7 minute mile pace.

Townie, it seems like living in Washington would allow you to participate in a lot of protests if you're so inclined. How many do you average in a year?

I marched in what was probably the whitest BLM march in America a couple years ago.

I’m not sure what I could squat right now and since I workout alone in my garage I’m not eager to try.

Last time I was in a routine my final set would be at 315.

My deadlift and leg press were significantly higher.

My legs are very very strong which makes buying pants absolutely miserable.

I would trade my squat total for the ability to run long distances at a sub 7 minute mile pace.

Why? Who is harder to kill? A person that runs a 6:30 pace, but isn't very strong or a person that runs at a 7:45 pace and squats a buick?

Townie, it seems like living in Washington would allow you to participate in a lot of protests if you're so inclined. How many do you average in a year?

I marched in what was probably the whitest BLM march in America a couple years ago.

whatever ones my wife wants to go to

i'm more of a direct action/direct aid type guy than a hold signs and protest type guy

Why? Who is harder to kill? A person that runs a 6:30 pace, but isn't very strong or a person that runs at a 7:45 pace and squats a buick?

If you can run a half mile in 3 minutes you're in the clear.

whatever ones my wife wants to go to

i'm more of a direct action/direct aid type guy than a hold signs and protest type guy

Also, are you more focused on local or national/international aid? My wife and I devote most of our charitable works/contributions to causes in our immediate vicinity, but I wonder if that's selfish activism.

Yeah, the point is most people aren't going to chase you a whole half a mile to fight you or kill you if you're alone and if you can run that fast you'll have left all the fatties behind for the slaughter.

Yeah, the point is most people aren't going to chase you a whole half a mile to fight you or kill you if you're alone and if you can run that fast you'll have left all the fatties behind for the slaughter.

True. I'm on board with being a fat slob is generally a bad idea.

mako at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back