• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to the Supreme Court tomorrow with the fam for the abortion rally, how's this for my sign:

“The unborn” are a convenient group of people to advocate for. They never make demands of you; they are morally uncomplicated, unlike the incarcerated, addicted, or the chronically poor; they don’t resent your condescension or complain that you are not politically correct; unlike widows, they don’t ask you to question patriarchy; unlike orphans, they don’t need money, education, or childcare; unlike aliens, they don’t bring all that racial, cultural, and religious baggage that you dislike; they allow you to feel good about yourself without any work at creating or maintaining relationships; and when they are born, you can forget about them, because they cease to be unborn. You can love the unborn and advocate for them without substantially challenging your own wealth, power, or privilege, without re-imagining social structures, apologizing, or making reparations to anyone. They are, in short, the perfect people to love if you want to claim you love Jesus, but actually dislike people who breathe. Prisoners? Immigrants? The sick? The poor? Widows? Orphans? All the groups that are specifically mentioned in the Bible? They all get thrown under the bus for the unborn.”

Whispers *JRVP*

On the bus route that I’m driving today one of the instructions from the driver is “at stop 14 a dog will jump on the bus. There are bones on the bus for the dog. Give it a bone when it jumps on and go to stop 15. It will get off there.”

There’s a bag of dog bones by the driver’s seat.
So clearly there’s some deep knowledge of the deal with this dog by the previous driver(s?). What happened to them?

On the bus route that I’m driving today one of the instructions from the driver is “at stop 14 a dog will jump on the bus. There are bones on the bus for the dog. Give it a bone when it jumps on and go to stop 15. It will get off there.”

ONLY IN ASHE COUNTY

we use the "here comes the bus" app in Charlotte (which is great and should be used by every school district in america), and every once in a while the bus just parks somewhere mid-route. I always assumed that they were trying to stay on schedule, especially in the AM. But now I know it's just the driver stopping to post on reddit or something.

I've got to file 3 different travel approval forms to get permission to travel to a meeting with the people that funded this research project that provided the funds for the travel.

I feel this, I had to enter the final boss level of administrative hell to raise my work credit card another 30,000 dollars because of their own inability to pay it off in time.

This is incredible

LA > Utah/Four Corners/National Parks road trip > New Orleans > (home) > (bachelor party) > London > Newcastle > Edinburgh > Durham > Oxford > London.

Add Vegas to this list. I'm sure plama will approve at least the steakhouse part of the itinerary

I opened the door. The dog got on the bus and licked my hand when I gave him a bone. He then jumped up in the seat behind me and barked right before his stop. He probably rode 3/4s of a mile and jumped out when I opened the door. Life is weird in a good way, man.

I opened the door. The dog got on the bus and licked my hand when I gave him a bone. He then jumped up in the seat behind me and barked right before his stop. He probably rode 3/4s of a mile and jumped out when I opened the door. Life is weird in a good way, man.

Amazing.

This should go in your book.

Oh man this is such a good feel good story for some reason. The little things.

Who's a good boy?

Watching a modern western that I’ve never seen tonight. Trying to decide between Appaloosa and Never Grow Old. Advice?

Similar question for me tomorrow night with horror while my wife is at HAIM

Anyone got any legit good ones I may not have seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back