• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

When Will We Wake Up to The Truth - Popeyes

3 piece dark with dirty rice and pintos is a can't miss. Stir the rice and beans together for added pleasure.

For breakfast, got with the cajun filet biscuit with a slice of tomato added.

neither of them can hold a candle to slojangles when it comes to drive thru inefficiency

although the Charlottetowne location has been zipping lately, so they're trying something new

Dude, preach. Slojangles has serious potential for process efficiency improvement.

3 piece dark with dirty rice and pintos is a can't miss. Stir the rice and beans together for added pleasure.

For breakfast, got with the cajun filet biscuit with a slice of tomato added.

i think you mean cajun filet + bacon egg cheese added

Grabbed a spicy chicken sandwich from Chick-Fil-A for lunch because of this thread #ThankYouBiffTannen

The popeyes SCS, when you get a good one, is miles better than the CFA one. It's clear biff has only had subpar popeyes.

But the gravy is sooo good. I would absolutely prefer fries over any of those, but the potatoes make me feel slightly less guilty.

Why don't you get gravy on your fries? Are you afraid people will think you're Canadian?

I feel like the people who prefer the spicy mayo of Popeyes vs. the delicious spicy breading of CFA probably also enjoy spicy mayo on sushi. Uncultured rubes.

I feel like the people who prefer the spicy mayo of Popeyes vs. the delicious spicy breading of CFA probably also enjoy spicy mayo on sushi. Uncultured rubes.

This is why CFA > Popeyes - a Mayo based sauce is gross. Now, if Popeye’s would do a spicy sandwich with the same spicy breading they have for whole pieces and tenders, I would gladly concede that it would beat CFA.

I mean, I think we'd all prefer a spiced breading, but even without it the quality of the fried chicken piece is miles ahead.

Lets also not pretend like the CFA "spicy" breading is all that great. The pepperjack cheese they have has more spice than it does.
Chikfila is great for service + consistency, that's about it. Oh and kids fucking love it, so you share your culinary fast food preferences with them.

This is why CFA > Popeyes - a Mayo based sauce is gross. Now, if Popeye’s would do a spicy sandwich with the same spicy breading they have for whole pieces and tenders, I would gladly concede that it would beat CFA.

Yep. Still waiting for a good chicken sandwich with a spicy rub, breading, or both. CFA’s spice rub is too heavy on the chili powder.

after all this i'm going to Bossy Beulahs for lunch tomorrow.

Bossy_2.2_Swiss.jpg

What's the white stuff under the pickles? Cheese? I hope to God it's not mayo.

Anti mayo donks are the worst. No better condiment for pretty much any sandwich than mayo or a mayo-based sauce. Esp fried chicken ones.

Mayo is fine for deli meats but unnecessary for fried chicken. A mustard or vinegar based sauce is better or no sauce at all with a buttered bun or roll.

South Carolina mustard based BBQ sauce is an elite sauce for chicken of all varieties. My college roommate was from Columbia and got me into it.

Mayo is fine for deli meats but unnecessary for fried chicken. A mustard or vinegar based sauce is better or no sauce at all with a buttered bun or roll.

Alabama sauce(which I consider mayo based) is perfect for fried chicken sandwich though.

Back