• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

When Will We Wake Up to The Truth - Popeyes

CFA breading is turrible. Popeye's forever! Wendy's spicy chix is also better than CFA as noted upthread--it's the best thing on the wendy's menu, but their roll sucks.

LOLOL this is terrible advice

CFA breading is turrible. Popeye's forever! Wendy's spicy chix is also better than CFA as noted upthread--it's the best thing on the wendy's menu, but their roll sucks.

Anyone that thinks Wendy’s chicken sandwich is better than CFA is a poor peasant and deserves to live a life in squalor.

cfa breading is actually gross. It's not even crispy it's just glop on a small piece of chicken. CFA is good for sauces and shakes, I am told. But their actual chicken is average at best.

I took a look at the fried chicken patty in my spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's and it was not appetizing.

Yep. Still waiting for a good chicken sandwich with a spicy rub, breading, or both. CFA’s spice rub is too heavy on the chili powder.

There has to be something like this in Nashville with all of the hot chicken joints around. I’ll begin the arduous task of finding it.

Is it possible to like both CFA and Wendy's for their chicken sandwiches? I think they're both pretty yummy, though the CFA seems more quality to me.

Of course nobody has mentioned that the McDonald's crispy chicken sandwich is a knockoff of CFA's, and I have to say it's a pretty good imitation EXCEPT that the bread tastes like your standard McD's bread. So you end up getting the CFA type chicken mixed with a hint of quarter pounder w/ cheese bread. It'll satisfy the need for a chicken sandwich in a pinch, though.

McD breading is much better than CFA breading. You said bread so I assume you mean the roll.

There has to be something like this in Nashville with all of the hot chicken joints around. I’ll begin the arduous task of finding it.

Godspeed. The bootleg hot chicken sandwiches I’ve had outside of Nashville are fine but I’ve only had a few good ones that I’ve be excited to have again. There’s also something in the hot chicken rub or sauce that tends to give me the really bad diarrhea but I don’t know which ones when I order.

Hot Boys in Oakland is no joke. I originally stopped there as a joke but it has the best spicy chicken sandwich I've had. On top of that, they have collard greens as a side that are better than any I had while living in South Carolina.
It is a walk up place so not sure if it counts in the same category as CFA or Popeyes. Regardless, I make a point to stop there any time I have business in Oakland.

Hattie B’s sandwich is great (it comes with slaw on it, but I just get it plain, damn hot spice level), but it’s just a different level than fast food (and not ubiquitous around (most of) the US, like CFA, Popeyes, etc.). I’m sure a lot of the Nashville hot chicken places have good sandwiches.

shit just posted this on the CT but KFC's sandwich is good but not a ton of flavor. good breading and crispiness but not going back for another one.

pleased to see that my Cotswold location is running away with this. I live about a mile farther down Randolph, and I can attest that the CFA artificially impacts traffic all the way down to my street. We get in the left lane very early to avoid the right lane backup, and so does everyone else. You'll have times where the left lane has a backup of 2-3 light cycles while the right lane appears to have a total of 10 cars in it, because we all know the CFA is backed up around the corner and the right lane noobs are fucked.

There is a chicken sandwich chain in Austin called Flyright, all they do is chicken sandwiches, and it is the most sad sandwich I have ever had. For the life of me I can't understand how if you do one thing it can suck so much.

McD breading is much better than CFA breading. You said bread so I assume you mean the roll.

Yeah I was talking about their bun. It's the same bun they use for their burgers so you get this strange mix of the CFA sandwich with the McD's burger bun. Screws with my taste buds. I think the chicken itself though is a quality knockoff of CFA. I just much prefer the CFA bun for the sandwich, not to mention the CFA fries feel necessary to complete that particular meal, and I'm a big fan of McD's fries. (McD's sweet tea doesn't approach the CFA tea though-- too damn sweet).

Back