• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

When Will We Wake Up to The Truth - Popeyes

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich is really not the incredible culinary spectacle that it was made out to be. It's plenty good, but there's no way you should wait in line for it beyond the standard drive thru wait.

I prefer the Original or Spicy Chik-fil-A sandwiches over the Popeyes offering. I also really like the new Bojangles chicken sandwich, which is a good thing because there are 483 Bojangles in North and South Carolina and only 94 Popeyes in that geography.

Additionally, they typical Popeyes and the typical Bojangles employee is not as well trained as the folks at Chik-fil-A.

I will say that CFA's drive-thru game is way superior to Popeyes'. they opened a new CFA near us during the pandemic and the drive-thru doesn't have the traditional window you pull up to and they hand you your stuff. rather they have a wide open door where multiple people are stepping out to hand orders to cars.

Chick-fil-A is a like someone with a fucking brain made a fast food restaurant. It's fucking scary how poor other fast food restaurants are in comparison. It's crazy profitable as well

chick-fil-a is the best food but definitely has the longest lines if waiting is part of your criteria

also, it's "chick" with a -ck like "cock"

chick-fil-a is the best food but definitely has the longest lines if waiting is part of your criteria

also, it's "chick" with a -ck like "cock"

In my experience, even when the line is crazy long you fly through that bitch.

popeyes can have like 5 cars in it and you wait for 30 minutes.

neither of them can hold a candle to slojangles when it comes to drive thru inefficiency

although the Charlottetowne location has been zipping lately, so they're trying something new

If you're a Karen like Biff who needs to be coddled by things like getting your order right or being treated with respect or having all the menu options available or hating gays, then go CFA. If you're a chill dude who wants to take a shot you might get some great chicken, go to Popeye's.

neither of them can hold a candle to slojangles when it comes to drive thru inefficiency

although the Charlottetowne location has been zipping lately, so they're trying something new

Bojangles is just so hit and miss on inefficiency and food consistency.

If you're a Karen like Biff who needs to be coddled by things like getting your order right or being treated with respect or having all the menu options available or hating gays, then go CFA. If you're a chill dude who wants to take a shot you might get some great chicken, go to Popeye's.

Or Bojangles. Really just go to Bojangles because it's better.

But your kids want CFA, so you don't get to choose most of the time.

Bojangles is just so hit and miss on inefficiency and food consistency.

But that's part of what makes the experience. Sometimes it's perfection, especially the bone-in chicken. 3 piece white meat and mashed potatoes all day son.

I don’t fuck with the white chicken, but their leg and two thigh combo bangs. I get the dirty rice instead of the mash potatoes though.

For the record I’m not shitting on bojangles as it is my one true love.

But that's part of what makes the experience. Sometimes it's perfection, especially the bone-in chicken. 3 piece white meat and mashed potatoes all day son.

Instant mashed potatoes over cajun fries, dirty rice, mac n cheese, or cajun pintos is not the way to go.

South Park should seriously do a chicken sandwich wars episode. That shit would be perfection I bet.

Instant mashed potatoes over cajun fries, dirty rice, mac n cheese, or cajun pintos is not the way to go.

But the gravy is sooo good. I would absolutely prefer fries over any of those, but the potatoes make me feel slightly less guilty.

Back