• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Horse Racing 2022 Thread: Early Voting Wins Preakness Stakes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
Which drugged up horse do you people think will win this weekend ?

I think the race will be close, with a couple of lead changes before one of the horses crosses the line first and then the race will be reviewed.

67d2abe215d3db54107f46ad8ab3e515_default.gif

Forgot it was this weekend. Luckily, my mint has come in and it ready to be picked.
Mint juleps on the way, Saturday afternoon.

Charge It, get the good odds while you can.

Picked fresh mint leaves today, chopped them and cooked with water and sugar. Mint syrup is cooling now and the bourbons will soon be brought out.
Plenty of crushed ice and chilled glasses.
The problem is, it's still 2 hours to post time and too many mint juleps before then could cause me to miss the race.

Well, giant upset. Rich Strike 80-1 wins.

Was a provisional horse, even. Wasn't entered until yesterday. It was a legit win too. No sloppy track or major interference anywhere, just a great rail charge down the stretch.

My wife’s coworker went to the derby and for shits and giggles put a $10 bet on the expected last place finisher. She is heading home with $800.

My wife’s coworker went to the derby and for shits and giggles put a $10 bet on the expected last place finisher. She is heading home with $800.

I was curious as to how the horse with the worst odds a few hours from post time stays there, b/c I know of 3 people who went to the race yesterday and also put put some "shits and giggles" $$ on the horse with the highest odds; would think a lot of casual gamblers would do likewise.

I was curious as to how the horse with the worst odds a few hours from post time stays there, b/c I know of 3 people who went to the race yesterday and also put put some "shits and giggles" $$ on the horse with the highest odds; would think a lot of casual gamblers would do likewise.

$10 bets won't move the needle that late. There was already a lot of money on the horses with shorter odds. I would also guess a bunch of people who took flyers on the long odds horses did so before Rich Strike was even in the field.

One of the most fun races I’ve watched and I didn’t win a single bet

Odds did move slightly as well. They were 83-1 during the post parade. But as Blue mentioned, those little bets won't make much difference overall.

Odds did move slightly as well. They were 83-1 during the post parade. But as Blue mentioned, those little bets won't make much difference overall.

Yeah, this $10 bet was placed minutes before the race started. Basically a “ok hubs, the race is about to start run down and put $10 on who ever has the longest odds.”

One of the most fun races I’ve watched and I didn’t win a single bet

Yep.

The overhead drone view of the race was great. The way Rich Strike was moving through the field looked like a frogger video game. :)

The call of the race was incredible it's like didn't the announcer see that horse as it was charging on the inside?

Back