• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sheep Playoffs Week Two: Answers due Friday at 12

1. A domestic airline
2. An international airline
3. The number of meals you eat out in a month
4. Do you have a living grandparent, yes or no?
5. What is the median age of this sheep contest?
6. The animal at the zoo you most want to see
7. A professional wrestler
8. A vegetable kids hate
9. The best TV drama
10. The best TV sitcom
11. Lebron or Jordan: who is the GOAT?
12. ______ table

All are welcome, you know the drill.

UGH....I had my answers prepared last night but forgot to submit. Here they were:

1. Southwest - 5
2. American - 6
3. 10 - 29
4. Yes - 37
5. 40 - 25
6. Monkeys - 9
7. Hulk Hogan - 24
8. Broccoli - 42
9. Breaking Bad - 13
10. Friends - 6
11. Jordan - 46
12. Coffee - 10

TOTAL: 252

Wrestling was so regional though when Hogan was young though. I had never seen Hulk Hogan before he was in that Rocky movie.

The Rock was huge during the biggest heyday of pro wrestling.

My first experiences with Hulk Hogan:

51U1vvGF5EL.jpg

Suburban_Commando_poster.jpg

MrNanny.jpg

damn wording on airline question got me… of those 3 southwest is the only one that doesnt fly internationally. American is the largest international airline. I almost went american american and if I did my team advances… ugh

That's how airports work, not airlines. American is a domestic airline for the same reason Budweiser is a domestic brewery. It's the right sheep answer here because of CLT.

I think you got that wrong. As far as the googler says, a domestic airline is one that only offers flights domestically. And international airline has to offer at least some international flights. Maybe the intent was to have "an airline based domestically" and "an airline based internationally", but I am not sure.

PhDeac said:
God bless you median age 40 year olds with a living grandparent.

I'm under 40 and have grandparents aged 78, 77, 89 and 85. Granted the 89 and 78 year old grandfathers are going through cancer treatments and may not be around much longer, but I don't think it's THAT uncommon to have at least one that is alive.

If you say both your parents and their parents had their kids at 21, if you're 40 then that makes your grandparents ~82. Average life expectancy is 78.6.

My mom's parents were 15 and 16 back in 1962 when they had my mom. Which I don't think was very uncommon back in those days. My dad's parents were mid 20s when they had him in 1961.

:noidea:

God bless you median age 40 year olds with a living grandparent.

Granted it's mean not median, but according to the googles 75 percent of 30 years old do. So I imagine it's around 50-50 at 40. I also feel this question turned on shepherd adding "yes or no?" at the end, since in a coinflip, select the first one. I've also been arguing with myself this morning about the lack of sub-20 year olds on this board (and in fact a dearth of sub 30s) means the median is higher than the mean anyway. 35 is not a viable sheep answer for an age question, and 30 is impossibly low.

Last edited:
Most people probably dont think of the difference between Domestic Carriers and International Carriers, so American and Lufthansa are the better sheep answers, even though American is not a domestic carrier.

None of the 3 answers players gave are domestic by that defn, so it's safe to say that line of thinking did not impact results.

Using the idea of people have kids at 21 for a sheep answer is wild to me.

You're right, no idea why I chose that number except it was the average age of my dads parents/moms parents when they had kids, which is what I was basing my example on.

25 would have been a better choice.

Back