• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Matt Colburn

80deacon

Reaction score
Playing right now on NBC for Philadelphia Stars. Just ran for a TD.

3:00 EST today NJ plays Philly in USFL Playoff on Fox. Matt Colburn plays for Philadelphia.

Sage Surratt is playing in the other playoff game at 8:00. At the beginning of the season, he was a practice squad TE behind the starter who went to State. But now Sage has 11 catches to the other guy’s 9 including 3 catches for 60 yards last week.

TIERS!

Started watching early in the 3rd quarter and have barely been paying attention. As far as I can tell, Colburn got injured on the opening drive. The Stars were up 10-0 and in the red zone. The QB threw a pick and got injured. NJ scored on the next drive. Later, the backup QB led a nice drive and the backup RB fumbled in the red zone.

Stars have 4th and goal now up 10-7 to start the 4th quarter.

The Stars kicker shanked the FG. NJ returned a later punt for a TD. It’s 14-10 NJ.

The announcers mentioned that Colburn averaged 6 ypc in the 4th quarter and the Stars have had to abandon the run without him.

Now it’s 14-13 Stars. Colburn is listed out for the game.

Last edited:
Colburn out with injury but the Stars win 19-14.

Surratt and Yarbary playing at 8:00.

Skip Holtz vs. Larry Fedora, so that tells you what the coaching is like in this league. Cris Collingsworth's kid on the call.

Sage started at TE, but I haven't seen a professional football team play this much 4WR or 5WR sets in a very long time. Not paying much attention, but I think he's only been in on the few running plays.

Haven't really looked for Yarbary, but I'll keep an eye out next series. Stallions up 14-7.

Three return TDs between the 2nd half of the first game and the 1st half of this game. Stallions up 21-14.

Last edited:
Stallions win 31-17. All three Deacs in the USFL make it to the championship. Weird to see Sage as just a blocker mostly in short yardage. I don't think he had a catch. By contrast, the other team's TE looked fantastic and probably had something like 12 catches for 140. Skip Holtz was caught on the mic telling him he wanted to pick him instead of the TEs he got.

Here's an article about Surratt:

https://usflnewshub.com/usfl-news/tight-end-seems-to-suit-sage-surratt/

Colburn is on this list of USFL players most likely to make an NFL roster.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...e-sloter-case-cookus/k2ycszu3mktiacfdggmqzws9

Anybody watching the USFL Championship game?

Anybody watching the USFL Championship game?

I am. I attended quite a few games, so this is first time I've really watched a broadcast for any length of time. The audio of the refs and players is more interesting and entertaining than I anticipated. I hope the league makes it for at least a few years.

How do feel about them doing the playoffs in Canton? Seems weird to move from large new mostly neutral field to a smaller field away from the fanbase they've cultivated.

How do feel about them doing the playoffs in Canton? Seems weird to move from large new mostly neutral field to a smaller field away from the fanbase they've cultivated.

Probably not about fannies but more TV eyes
And they pick the venue.

The TV eyes would be the same at the UAB stadium. That's what is weird about it.

Back