• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: An Idiot Abroad: Spain or Italy or France !????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw ET in the theater when I was 4. It’s the first movie I remember seeing in the theater.

Couple retired in their early 50s to live on cruise ships.

———-

The Burks have grown frustrated by the mounting costs of living on land, they said. Between the mortgage, Internet, electricity, property taxes, insurance, and other costs associated with owning their home in Seattle, the couple was spending more than $3,500 per month. That doesn’t include food, transportation, entertainment and other expenses of everyday life.

On a cruise ship, however, “there is no extra. The price is the price,” Angelyn said. Spending their retirement at sea, she concluded, would be “so much cheaper.”
“By living on a cruise ship, you gain your room, you gain board, you’ve got entertainment that’s built in, you’re going to different locations,” her husband echoed. “It’s hard to beat that.”

Their next cruise is set for July, at which point they plan to embark on back-to-back cruises for about nine months, with a few brief land breaks. Between cruises, they will be nomads of sorts, visiting family and friends, as well as staying in Airbnbs and hotels, which they will mostly pay for with credit card points.
—————

Gotta say it makes sense. If they’re always going to be on cruises, they can get the rebooking discount, and maximize other discounts.

Couple retired in their early 50s to live on cruise ships.

———-

The Burks have grown frustrated by the mounting costs of living on land, they said. Between the mortgage, Internet, electricity, property taxes, insurance, and other costs associated with owning their home in Seattle, the couple was spending more than $3,500 per month. That doesn’t include food, transportation, entertainment and other expenses of everyday life.

On a cruise ship, however, “there is no extra. The price is the price,” Angelyn said. Spending their retirement at sea, she concluded, would be “so much cheaper.”
“By living on a cruise ship, you gain your room, you gain board, you’ve got entertainment that’s built in, you’re going to different locations,” her husband echoed. “It’s hard to beat that.”

Their next cruise is set for July, at which point they plan to embark on back-to-back cruises for about nine months, with a few brief land breaks. Between cruises, they will be nomads of sorts, visiting family and friends, as well as staying in Airbnbs and hotels, which they will mostly pay for with credit card points.
—————

Gotta say it makes sense. If they’re always going to be on cruises, they can get the rebooking discount, and maximize other discounts.

I couldn’t do this even if LK just magically showed up on every cruise I went on.

Dads love to text you stuff like “Zalatoris gonna hang on??”

There’s a dad beside of me who’s just audibly counting out the number of songs left in this piano recital and I think I’m gonna ask him if he wants to go grab a beer after this.

Just won a TENNIS! match 7-6 6-0. First set was an hour twenty. Second set seriously 15 minutes. Let’s go.

Just replaced my car’s cabin air filter. Why is it in such a PITA spot?

Tried to watch et with the kids tonight and somehow had repressed that the first 20 mins of that movie are legit terrifying so guess where I’m sleeping tonight.

I’m gonna watch tonight. Have been in the mood following this week’s Rewatchables podcast. The beginning never bothered me as a kid but one scene I always had to close my eyes for was when they find him in the river bed.

Wife came down with covid on the last day of the trip and none of the rental car places wanna let me do a 14 hour one way trip. So guess we’re gonna have to stay in Jackson for another week

Wife came down with covid on the last day of the trip and none of the rental car places wanna let me do a 14 hour one way trip. So guess we’re gonna have to stay in Jackson for another week

worse places to be stuck

cheaper places to be stuck

I assume camping for the week out in the park is off the table

REAL TALK question for you guys.

Let's say someone you love is dealing with Cancer. You get some bad news pertaining to that, that someone else involved does not know.

Do you wait until that person is upset about the already depressing situation and in that crying/deeply upset mood to tell them more bad news....or wait until they are in an OK mood and not thinking about the issue to tell them the bad news?

I'm having a hard time with this. I don't want to make someone break down even harder, but then again I don't want to make them fall from a decent mood that they've finally been able to get to, to a terribly upset mood.

So basically, do you give bad news when someone is already upset, or wait until they are in a good mood?

Back