• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: An Idiot Abroad: Spain or Italy or France !????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recently had a physical too and the only metric they were interested in was body fat and at less than 9% they were satisfied and gave me my NBA draft lottery number

Also man they should be checking vitals first thing before anything else. Poor workflow at that clinic.

They did - it was a little high, and I had just walked in and up stairs (and I had worked out about an hour before), so they said they would take it again later. It was back close to normal even after the nut touching. I get that thing where it is higher at the doctor's office.

my doc didn't touch my nuts this year. do they really still need to do that?

I am 45, so maybe I'm back in the game. Had to schedule a colonoscopy. He also clearly did not want to check my prostate because he said they were moving away from doing it, so I asked if they would check during the colonoscopy and said I would just do it then. I gave us both an out.

i mean, hitting a par 5 green with 30+ feet to go ending in a 3 putt is not unusual

Not sure how familiar you are with golf scoring, but a 3 putt here would equal a par.

Townie said he had 2 bogeys in this situation which would mean 2 four putts. That's impressive.

Not sure how familiar you are with golf scoring, but a 3 putt here would equal a par.

Townie said he had 2 bogeys in this situation which would mean 2 four putts. That's impressive.

oh, did he? i misread the original post

two four putts would be demoralizing

At every physical my overweight doctor looks at the bmi chart and tells me I’m overweight and should probably consider losing 10-15 lbs.

oh, did he? i misread the original post

two four putts would be demoralizing

Hah yeah, and my last response reads incredibly dickish. I'm not a great putter by any means but have had 1 four-putt in the past couple years I can remember. 2 in 9 holes would make me want to die.

Ugh...hate this for you. Happened to me about 10 years ago at work when someone with a big mouth thought they were doing me a favor by letting it slip to me when all it did was make me doubt my worth, etc.

I couldn't use it as leverage without burning the source who gave it to me either. Just a shitty situation all around.

Thanks for this response, I do appreciate it. Regarding leverage, i’ve been lol’ing at all the mentions of it because there is absolutely no leverage with my position in my field. There is so much burnout & turnover where I work that they have to hire new cohorts of 10-15 every few months. I’ve helped train people this year who have already quit.

that should give you even more leverage

though I understand it's useless in an underfunded industry

sheesh flights are expensive. one way from slc to gsp is $531. it is a flight in june so i expected it to be pricey but should i drop a little or is this as good as its gonna get?

Chat Thread: Homophobe Refuses Rectal Exam !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that should give you even more leverage

though I understand it's useless in an underfunded industry

The turnover is more attributable to stress of the job and mismanagement than with low pay, so it can’t really be address on an individual basis. Also, even if I could get a few dollars more per hour I still wouldn’t want to stay.

The professional field provides an experience prerequisite for an advanced degree and it involves supervision hours for graduate students, so probably half of my coworkers are also in grad school and receiving supervisory hours as part of their compensation. Those graduate student employees actually have to sign a multi-year contract with my company in exchange for free supervision hours. The other half aren’t grad students(including me) and are doing the same job (more direct hours with clients actually). The turnover in the field is almost all from the non-grad student side - most of us are older with families.

sheesh flights are expensive. one way from slc to gsp is $531. it is a flight in june so i expected it to be pricey but should i drop a little or is this as good as its gonna get?

Dude, I'm about to book one for work for ~$1000 in Charlotte the 2nd week of June. It's insane. And honestly dumb for me to even go out there at that price.

you are late to be booking in 2 ways. 1) Too close to your flight (even if it's late June) and 2)flights generally have gone drastically up the last couple of weeks. I'd probably book now.

yeah that's what i figured. just buying the flight back home for the lady for helping me move and doing the incredibly boring drive with me.

Dentist took my BP last week right before getting a cavity filled. It was 128/69 (dude!), and my pulse was 62. That is pretty good for right before my first filling in 12 years.

i don't know what a good blood pressure number is

i also don't know my blood type

Back