• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I'm a lonely, sad, and pathetic former poster

I've been working too much. Missing all the action.

Never had beef with RJ. I've never taken these boards seriously, and don't plan to. I'd be all for giving RJ his own thread as a final last chance and see how it goes.

Or...Let RJ post from 3/1 - end of Kentucky Derby every year.

I've been working too much. Missing all the action.

Never had beef with RJ. I've never taken these boards seriously, and don't plan to. I'd be all for giving RJ his own thread as a final last chance and see how it goes.

Or...Let RJ post from 3/1 - end of Kentucky Derby every year.

So give him March Madness, end of the NBA regular season and first round of the playoffs, Opening Day and the first month of MLB, and the NFL Draft? No.

Never taking the boards seriously is contrary to inviting back the person who takes them the most seriously.

VhzxmNP.png

But for real, I wish I recognized posters and could remember how they post. I never remember anything about anyone on here other than the uber-posters.

And I wish I had some clue about which posters have changed names so I can recall the old days. I have no idea if people left, got banned, or changed names like me.

Just feel the Board's most senior citizen needs to post here.
As usual, I have little clue what this is all about. But personally I always had good exchanges with RJ and yes, Mako is far and away the best poster on the Boards.
(Will you send me a picture of your Mom now?)

all the chaos agent posters who drop in periodically want RJ back and all the regular denizens do not

hmm

RJ or not, it was pre-written and cut/pasted in parts. If it wasn't for that, I'd say no way it was RJ because the grammar is too good. But if he wrote it out in advance and had time to edit, it could be him.

I talked to RJ not long ago. Maybe 6 months or so. I've never had issues with him on the board or otherwise. He talks a lot, but so does my wife.

But do rj and your wife have anything else in common?

Bummed -- thought this meant RJ was back. Boards are more interesting with him around. I'm here for the drama.

Congrats to RJ on getting "Standoff, How the Cold War REALLY Ended" published in the UK. Id imagine we owe Townie thanks for that

The more I read it (which is now just 2x), the less convinced I am that it is RJ. As others have said, it has almost zero errors.

I mean, the content and some of the idiosyncrasies are spot on... I'm just not sure.

It feels like the Getty statue in Blink.

Nah - he edits the stuff he spends months drafting. Case in point:

I've been cajoled, name called and more to put up or shut up. At the top of this madness have been: Townie, Strickland, Liquid Karma. Biff and Racer.

There's nothing truly free in this world. The following is non-negotiable. Nor should it be in that I am putting up FIVE TIMES as much money as each of them will have to do as well as living by the same conditions I am asking them to accept. However, the judge of this event 1976Deac (henceforth SBM) is putting his real life reputation and business on the line to be our judge.

This process will be called "Due Diligence". It it not in any way, shape or form a wager or bet. The purpose is information.

Let's look at the process:

1. Each of the aforementioned posters will wire US$9000 to SBM's firm's escrow account
2. I will match each deposit up to a total of US$45,000
3. The losing party or parties hereby agree to a lifetime, IP, all device, all location ban from this board or any future Wake board or platform that has more five current posters participating
4. To start this a minimum of US$18,000 from the aforementioned group will be received by SBM
5. If this progresses, all five still agree to the lifetime ban description if found to be wrong.
6. RJ will provide documentation to SBM
7. SBM will verify the validity of the documentation
8. The documentation must be from one of the top Wake people discussed on this board and must include the word "buyout".
9. Upon completing his Due Diligence SBM will issue a signed, notarized statement deciding which side is correct.
10. SBM will post this letter on the board.
11. SBM will distribute the funds to the appropriate parties.
12. Each of the participants (including those who don't put up the full $9000) will sign an agreement to Hold SMB Harmless for his decision
13. Should there be any lawsuits or naming of SBM negligent or at fault, the entire losing team will agree to pay all legal costs for this effort as well as putting a minimum on one year's total billing of
BSM's law firm in escrow or agree such amounts will be attached by BSM
14. The documentation will never be published on the board.
15. This is not negotiable.

You guys asked me to put or shut up. It's on you now.

If you so are damn sure I am full of shit, this should be easier than betting on a game after it's over. Would I possibly put up that kind of money if I wasn't 100% sure? Would I put up my posting future if I didn't already know the answer?

I can't wait to see the dancing, demands and excuses for not participating.

Let's see if you have any integrity, any cajones or if you are simply a bunch whining, ignorant, candy-assed, internet cowards.

It's on you now boys.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP!

The more I read it (which is now just 2x), the less convinced I am that it is RJ. As others have said, it has almost zero errors.

I mean, the content and some of the idiosyncrasies are spot on... I'm just not sure.

It feels like the Getty statue in Blink.

He was banned, or at least it was announced on 4/8/21. This handle was created in April of 21. Do we really think RJ would have the forethought to create a new handle and wait just over a year to post? Also, the self deprecating post title doesn't sound like RJ at all.

He was banned, or at least it was announced on 4/8/21. This handle was created in April of 21. Do we really think RJ would have the forethought to create a new handle and wait just over a year to post? Also, the self deprecating post title doesn't sound like RJ at all.

that isn't the original title, of course

Back