• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Women's Basketball (7-24) - Hinds to return in 2024-25

Considering the amount of former Wake WBB players now coaching, I wonder if it is worth bringing one on as an Assistant

Any particular reason? We just had a former player as a head coach.

Any particular reason? We just had a former player as a head coach.

I don’t think it can ever hurt to have Deacs on staff. They understand the program and school. I agree that it was time for Hoover to go, but I don’t think that means that all the sudden you keep all alums away from the program

I understand that. I don't think it hurts to have Deacs on staff. It's about weighing alums vs. continuity.

Gebbia could bring her entire staff over. It's worked for Forbes and for Clawson on offense. Forbes doesn't have an alum now. Clawson just brought in his first alum.

Alums understand the program, but Gebbia was brought in to change the program. There are plenty of alums around Wake who understand the school. I don't know much about AU and Marist, but Gebbia does have plenty of coaching experience at private schools.

Introductory press conference.

Forbes kept Chill on staff initially.

Clawson had at least one holdover coach. However, not keeping another led to big problems later.

Randall is still listed as a graduate manager on the official website. The other two were on Gebbia’s staff at AU. That leaves on full-time assistant spot for Gebbia to fill. Her AHC at AU was promoted to head coach.

Looks like no harm, no foul on the timing.

Picked up 23 combo guard that was a WVU decommit Makaela Quimby

Nice! She’s from close to Towson. Gebbia probably recruited her at Towson State and followed up after moving the staff to Wake.

Picked up 23 combo guard that was a WVU decommit Makaela Quimby

Looked her up but can't really get an idea of how big of a commitment she is. Like a 3 Star? 4 star? Not that it matters, but trying to get excited about our women's program.

she had a UNC offer before she committed to WVU apparently.

From initial recruitment

[FONT=&quot]This time, it was Makaela Quimby, a 5-foot-9 2023 combo guard out of McDonogh School in Owings Mills, Maryland. The rising junior guard already holds offers from Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Navy and Pitt, and has taken previous visits to West Virginia and North Carolina this summer. While this was her first visit to Pitt, it sounds as though she surely enjoyed her time getting to know the coaches and see the campus.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“It’s hard to choose a favorite because it was a great day overall, but I would have to say my favorite part probably just going out to eat for lunch and getting to know the coaches,” Quimby told Pittsburgh Sports Now. “I was with Coach Bri and she took me around Pitt and showed me the Cathedral and the garden. It was just a really nice campus. I was with Coach White too. He was more so getting everything ready before I got there. When we were driving around he was excited for me to be there and that we could hang out and talk a bit.”[/FONT]

Last edited:

Jen Hoover takes assistant job at Kentucky

Third assistant on staff will be Millette Green. Won just 44 games in 5 years as the head coach at Augusta University (D2).

Looks like there’s a second commit Rylie Theurekauf pg out of New Jersey

Back