• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Women's Basketball (7-24) - Signed 6-2 PF/C Kennedy Moore from Montana

Mercer won the SoCon in 2018, 2019, 2021, and 2022. They were a #15 seed last year and lost to UConn.

Last edited:
Mercer won the SoCon in 2018, 2019, 2021, and 2022. They were a #15 seed last year and lost to UConn.

We beat Mercer easily last year on the road to open the season.

RIP former wake women's HC Charlene Curtis.

FadoLLQXoAA0FqK

Jen Hoover was in Nashville for the entire game with her family cheering for the Deacs. Good to see that bridge hasn't been fully burned.

Hoover's now an assistant at Kentucky. Good to see that she made the trek from Lexington to Nashville to support the Deacs.

Hoover's KY Bio

Practice started Monday. The ladies lost Christina Morra (9pts, 5reb per game) and added Katie Deeble, a freshman guard from Australia. Other than that the team remains the same.

I was told that Elizabeth Kitley wanted to come to Wake, but Hoover said she wasn't good enough. Big miss. How do you look at a 6'6" girl who's played basketball and say she's not good enough?

There’s no way Hoover said that. ESPN ranked her #33 in the nation.

There’s no way Hoover said that. ESPN ranked her #33 in the nation.
Yeah I find that hard to believe. bottom line you have a legacy recruit that can be a complete program changer and she didn't get her. combine that with the lack of program success was her downfall.

We've been over and over the Kitley thing. That's not what happened.

I too find it unlikely. Just reporting what I heard from someone in the program.

Think the ladies have above average ACC level guard play this year but will struggle to get much production from their bigs. Demeara is there only playable big this year. If she's not in the game, Olivia has to play the 5 which would not be ideal. I'd like to see a lot of 3-guard lineups with Kaia, Elise and Jewel.

Really hoping one of Scruggs, Alyssa or Reagyn can take a big step this year and provide some scoring from the wings.

Gebbia started the 3 guard lineup with Hinds and Summiel at F.

Elise didn't play great but still kinda stuffed the stat sheet (6 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 1 block). Hoping her shot will fall consistently this season to take some pressure off of Jewel. Moving Kaia to PG should really help in that regard.

Kaia played really well, best I've seen her play. If she can just start knocking down some threes, man she's tough to guard.

Class of 2023 Lady Deacs

Madisyn Jordan | G | 6-1 | Morrisville, NC/Panther Creek High School - ESPNW 4* #67

Rylie Theuerkauf | G | 5-9 | Tenafly, NJ | Tenafly HS - ESPNW 4* #85

Makaela Quimby | G | 5-9 | Owings Mills, MD | McDonogh School

Nice to see Wake breaking into the Top 100. Hope Gebbia can figure out how to win in the ACC with small ball.

What a horrific offensive half. Hope Kaia is ok but doesn’t look great.

Took us a while to figure out the zone, but once we did, easy buckets.

Back