• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest at Vanderbilt - 12 Noon - SECN

DeaconCav06

Dickie Hemric
Reaction score
My wife and i are planning on making a weekend out of the Wake-Vanderbilt game. With the game time being announced yesterday for 12:00 (11:00 local time), I am starting to think about logistics.

Seems like a good game for a great Wake crowd and I would appreciate any information on tailgating at the stadium.

Is there an area for RV parking?

Last edited:
Vandy's stadium is essentially on campus, which is right in the middle of town not far from downtown. I had season tix a couple of years in HS and have been to several games since. I don't recall seeing any RV parking, but I'm sure they have it somewhere. I would reach out to the Vandy ticket office. There are a couple of hotels right next to the stadium which I'm sure are exorbitantly priced on game days. Tickets will be plentiful.

Hotels by Vanderbilt weren't bad actually. Several Marriott options. There is no RV parking on campus, but there is some on the state fairgrounds. https://vucommodores.com/football-gameday/#:~:text=Public%20parking%20locations%20and%20guidelines&text=%E2%80%93%20RV%20Parking%20%E2%80%93%20No%20RV%20Parking,(615)%20862%2D8980.

For fun areas in Nashville, there is Broadway which is the bachelorette honky tonk strip, and the Gulch which is more the brunch and high end going out area and has the wings on the wall.

Regarding parking/tailgating, our crew parked at the corner of 31st/Blakemore and Natchez Trace (where the compass is bottom left in the linked map) years ago for a Vandy/Wake game. Not a long walk to the stadium. Not sure if that remains an option. Most of the lots you see on that map are campus lots and/or parking pass lots I think. But the ticket office should be able to help.

https://www.vanderbilt.edu/traffic_parking/maps/Parking_Map.pdf

Yeah, the key to this weekend is deciding whether you want to stay close to the stadium and Uber to go out, or stay in an entertainment district and haul your butt over to the stadium on Saturday morning for a brief tailgate.

For fun areas in Nashville, there is Broadway which is the bachelorette honky tonk strip, and the Gulch which is more the brunch and high end going out area and has the wings on the wall.

wow you really do make it sound fun

My sister-in-law works in group sales for a hotel group in Nashville. I was thinking about the RV option to be able to facilitate a tailgate and maximize efficiency.

We are headed there this weekend for a concert with my wife’s family.

wow you really do make it sound fun

I mean......Nashville is kind of a on the downslope in that regard. 7-8 years ago it was awesome, now all the bars are overcrowded and its a gimmick. I still have some favorite Honky Tonks and there is great hiking pretty close to the city. I would also recommend the Hermitage. You will still be able to have a good time and enjoy the weekend.

We will be there. It's my wife's birthday weekend, and she has some friends who have recently moved to Nashville so this worked out well. We're planning on staying downtown, and I was looking at the Westin or Omni. I'd happily contribute funds to a group tailgate.

I mean......Nashville is kind of a on the downslope in that regard. 7-8 years ago it was awesome, now all the bars are overcrowded and its a gimmick. I still have some favorite Honky Tonks and there is great hiking pretty close to the city. I would also recommend the Hermitage. You will still be able to have a good time and enjoy the weekend.

I would avoid lower Broadway like the plague...unless you like lots of drunken tourists and screeching bachelorettes.

We stayed at The Hilton across from the Country Music Hall of Fame a few years. Easy walking distance to Broadway.

The Colonel will be setting up base camp at the Vanderbilt Marriott overlooking memorial stadium that weekend.

How dare you patronize the plantation of that racist fuckstick slaveowner, Andrew Jackson!!!

Do you have no shame, SIR???

lol, those two posts back to back. Clearly your second post will have people clamoring at the doors to come hang out with you at the Marriott.

I go to walk the grounds and visit all the confederate graves to remind them that they are traitors and lost.

You really showed 'em, Timmy!!!

And your awe-inspiring bravery is noted for the record.

Last edited:
Southern born and Southern proud-----glad i am in Dixie , if you hate it so much, go back to the North !

I love the south and all of my ancestors who fought for the South. It is not a racist thing but a Southern pride and love thing.

I love the south and all of my ancestors who fought for the South. It is not a racist thing but a Southern pride and love thing.

You don't have to take pride in fighting for slavery and against the United States just because you love a place.

Back