• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest at Vanderbilt - 12 Noon - SECN

Guys … I’m just trying to figure out the best way to get a buzz and some grub before the game.

A Virgin Hotel just opened on Music Row. It's about a 15-minute walk from the VU stadium. There are also good restaurants nearby like the Midtown Cafe and Patterson House, as well as campus favorites like San Antonio Taco Company and the Villager Tavern. Hillsboro Village adjoins campus and has lots of bars and restaurants too.

While much of lower Broadway is a tourist trap, there are some nicer bars/restaurants in the area as well as the Assembly Food Hall in the Fifth+Broadway development. There are lots of new hotels downtown, as well as old favorites like the aforementioned Hermitage Hotel (no connection to Andrew Jackson).

The Gulch is halfway between downtown and the VU campus. There are several hotels and lots of restaurants there too.

Book early. Nashville is an expensive destination. Also, set aside a night for music if you can. There are lots of clubs with all kinds of musicians, and great larger venues like Ascend Amphitheater, The Ryman Auditorium, and the Opry House.

Giants are in town to play the Titans that Sunday if anyone is looking to make a doubleheader out of it.

SEC Media Day

spent two days in nashville earlier this month with the family and had fun but figured out that Nashville is a LOT more fun when you don't have your kids with you (and my kids are great)

I always have had fun on Broadway. It is what it is. Wish I could go but we have a wedding the same day as the game.

PS - I already bought a parking pass for the game before we knew about the conflict so if anyone needs one let me know - $30 for Lot 2 which is fairly close to stadium.

Last edited:
I always have had fun on Broadway. It is what it is. Wish I could go but we have a wedding the same day as the game.

PS - I already bought a parking pass for the game before we knew about the conflict so if anyone needs one let me know - $30 for Lot 2 which is fairly close to stadium.

You have to pay to park for Vandy fball? Wow, who knew?

Vandy is a popular game for away fans, so they draw more than they should for big games.

I booked the Union Station hotel. Looks pretty cool and 1.8 miles from the stadium.

What are people doing for parking? I’m seeing 30 on seatgeek but nothing from the university.

If this parking pass is still available, I can take it off of your hands.

We got our hotel booked and childcare arranged so my wife and I will definitely be going along with another couple.

Vandy's best DE injured his knee in pre-season practice and is out of the year. Their best OL transferred and is starting for Bama. Rough times for the Dores.

Vandy's best DE injured his knee in pre-season practice and is out of the year. Their best OL transferred and is starting for Bama. Rough times for the Dores.

There’s a reason their O/U is 2.5.

That being said, they’re still a P5 program in the SEC with 85 scholarships.

Back